Home Selling in Montgomery>Question Details

Dennis Ray, Both Buyer and Seller in 12549

Speaking from a sellers point of view. I have seen quite a few young folks come to my home (21yrs. old) wanting everything done for them at below m.v.

Asked by Dennis Ray, 12549 Tue Mar 26, 2013

What ever happened to location, location, location? I will move to a desired area expecting to make the home mine with the touches I make.

Answers

5
Dennis,
The good news is "Young Folk' in 12549 are still embracing home ownership as a wise and prudent option.
-
The bad news is they have been watching those 2am infomercials 'guaranteeing' wealth and riches in owning real estate and lets not forget those misleading HGTV home buying shows.. They ALL chant..."Below Market Value" while others whisper "40% of market value" and maybe one in 50 will stick. And it all surfaces on the door step of the home seller.
-
The best news is ONLY YOU determine what conditions your home will be sold.
Be aware, 'Young Folk' are on the first rung of risk assessment. Location is still theoritical..
1. Risk Oblivious
2. Risk Tolerant
3. Risk adverse

Finally, these 'Young Folk" may not have the cash reserves to do any fix up after the purchase. So, they think, "Let see if we can get teh owner to replace the entry light fixture?"

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group,
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
Http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
If you are serious, it worth making the call.
Realtors® are trained to use this negotiation tactic to represent the interest of their clients. This is one BIG way realtors® justify their value to their clients. The real question to you is how do you combat this attack on your wallet? What I do is have a pre inspection done by an architect or engineer, repair all safety related issues and maybe some other key issues. Then disclose the report and the corrective actions taken, then explain to your Realtor® that you want them to be pro-active and make comments such as “ other inspections are welcome and we will repair safety related issues, but inspections for the purpose of gaining leverage, renegotiation and creating a wish list will result in this transaction not proceeding” it’s a hard aggressive approach and will slow the other side down, it may even kick a maybe to the curb but my experience has been once this ball starts rolling down the hill it’s very hard to stop. Hope this helps! Scott
When selling your home, its important not to get irritated by things such as requests that you see as unreasonable.
Much of it just depends on where in the country you are located. In Boston, MA, people do not have a chance to really ask too much or offer anything less than asking because the inventory is too low for the demand.
Selling your home can take some time, so as long as you are comfortable with your broker, then things will hopefully work themselves out.

Best of luck!

ThaddeusKuznicki.com
Hi Mr. Ray,
Some people use that as a negotiating point and some of them just don't know how much new houses are going for. I wouldn't take it to heart.
Bill Smith
Keller Williams realty
http://realestateinorangecountyny.com
Buyers not matter what age can ask and look for whatever it is that they want, at the end they will depend on their financial strength and the availability within that range. Looking is still far away from
a serious offer....
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)