Home Selling in 91307>Question Details

Attackdog, Home Owner in West Hills, CA

Sister took elderly parents to change will/liv trust and power of attorney to her benefit now house for sale. eld. son orig POA benefic. How to stop?

Asked by Attackdog, West Hills, CA Fri Jan 20, 2012

Father diagnosed w/dementia before new changes made to benefit daughter. She alienated parents from eldest son and his partner/girlfriend who had been taking care of him plus the mother w/ Alzheimer's for nearly three months whilst he was going through a bladder/urinary tract infection that needed eldest son to live at house 24/7 to change urine bag and check every couple of hours. Sister 'too busy' to help out plus she was not speaking with father at the time after she had accused him of certain things that had really upset him...he was 85 yrs. old! Eventually daughter shows up and systematically cuts everyone from contact, takes parents from house puts them in an assist. liv. home away from neighbours and friends. father died as a result from fall out of strange bed bang to head then into a coma. Now mother alone in the 'home' and no phone calls/visits as per conditions from sister. House for sale now. Son's personal effects collectibles taken/house empty. What to do to stop all?

Help the community by answering this question:


John Arendsen’s answer
I don't often advise folks to tie up a lot of money retaiaing costly attorneys, however, I'll must make an exception in this case. But be sure to find one who specializes in real estate, estate sales, trusts and will disputes. This sounds very suspicious. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 21, 2012
It's really hard to find good Alzheimer's care. We had a very hard time finding a good way to take care of my grandmother. We all care about her but it is very time consuming. She really needs 24/7 supervision in order to stay safe. I hope your problem is resolved soon.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 27, 2014
Please contact a will/probate attorney, here is a website where you can find an attorney http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/statepractice/california/l…
Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 5, 2013
Check with an attorney quickly. Is there a will? If so, I think you can contest it.

Good luck
Web Reference: http://ninaharrishomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 21, 2012
Hi Attackdog,

Contact an Attorney as soon as possible! They may be able to assist you in some way as your Mother signed everything after being diagnosed?

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 21, 2012
Talk to an attorney who specializes in wills and estates. You may be able to contest the will and stop the sale. Only an attorney will know for sure. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 21, 2012
What do do?

Call an attorney that specializes in elder law.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 20, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer