Kenny, Home Seller in Mineral Bluff, GA

Single family home already listed Can I also list under income/investment category Has been a minimun two night rental for four years 2009 income 23k

Asked by Kenny, Mineral Bluff, GA Thu Sep 2, 2010

I own a cabin Blue Ridge GA. Must sell In hands of local realtor In MLS also under trulia single home sales Cabin has been rental generated 23k 2009 My opinion would I stand a better chance of listing under income/investment since it already is a viable business ? Is it possible to list under both single family and income/investment at the same time. My realtor claims you cannot list under two categories at the same time? Her analogy was 90% of buyers are looking for homes to live in or as a second home My analogy is, it is already an established business, has been for four years. When doing a search there are hundreds of homes in Blue Ridge area to choose from. There are only four listings under income/investment for same area If I cannot advertise under two categories, single home and income/investment at the same time in your expert opinion which category would produce a sale If you need listing I will gladly present to you Your site is new to me so please excuse my ignorance

Answers

1
Kenny,

I'm new to Trulia and almost 99% a Buyer's Agent but I don't think any listing service allows one to select two categories. But I happen to have two clients who are looking specifically for rental property right now and so I appreciate your conundrum.

I think your agent is right that more folks are looking for second homes rather than pure rental plays. But my two clients are the exception to that rule, and the local MLS does not have a category for Rental Cabin.

So, my, less than perfect suggestion, is make it Residential in the MLS and Income/Investment in Trulia and Zillow (for a month at least) and see what happens..

Gary Kaupman
Dixon Gary Realty
Web Reference: http://www.dixongary.com