Home Selling in Brooklyn>Question Details

Trulia Brook…, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY

Should you sell now as prices are rising, or wait another year for even more appreciation?

Asked by Trulia Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY Tue May 14, 2013

Answers

6
Trulia Brooklyn,

Prices may be rising at this time but that may change. If you are planning on buying another home and it is priced higher but offers a great value due to this market, you can benifit by selling and buying your new home now. It's called buying in down market. If you wait your future home may sell for more, and who knows interest rates may increase.

Gary Geer
Results Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 14, 2013
Hello Trulia Brooklyn,

Hope all is well. An old saying I learned from some of the Elders in my life:

Pigs get fat - HOGS get slaughtered. : -}

After being in the industry for 22 years, this is the first time that it is both a great time to buy (rates lowest) and a great time to sell (supply low) Do it now whether you plan to buy or sell. Come back to this post in 5 years and you'll know if I can really see the future.

Have a good evening... Mark.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 14, 2013
This is an ever changing market, one that no one can predict. If we all could, we would be rich... Hahahaha!!!

If you have a need to sell, give me a call.

Luke Constantino
Commercial/Residential
Keller Williams Real Estate
9120 4th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11209
Office: (718) 954 8400
Direct: (212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 14, 2013
If you are considering selling, the best time to do so always is.... right now!! This is based on the fact that most people who buy or sell a home do so for reasons other than just trying to time out the market properly. Nobody can predict the future so it is unknown. The best we can do is make decisions based on our personal needs.

Having said that, I also want to state that the Brooklyn real estate market is great for sellers RIGHT NOW. The supply of homes is very low and there are lots of good buyers out there right now. Things are happening! If you are thinking of selling a property in Brooklyn, please contact me, I would love to find out more about your home. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Now is a sure thing..who knows what will be next year...my crystal ball isn't working. Why not
interview some agents and get a feel for the worth of your property today and see if its right for
you. good luck

Luke Constantino
Commercial/Residential
Keller Williams Real Estate
9120 4th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11209
Office: (718) 954 8400
Direct: (212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com