Home Selling in Jacksonville>Question Details

Trulia Jacks…, Other/Just Looking in Jacksonville, FL

Should you be there when your home is being shown to buyers?

Asked by Trulia Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL Wed Apr 3, 2013

Answers

5
I f you can help it at all, NO! Buyers will hold back their emotions or thoughts when they know the seller is around. A buyer cannot get a true home owner feeling when they are aware of them being there. They tend to rush through the showing and are concerned that they are in your way. Not a good idea. Now if you are sickly, or have children, or pets that need special attention, then at least try and be out of the house , by either walking down the block or going in the back yard.
no no and no again, unless away in the backyard reading a book, but preferably not unless there is an important reason to not be able to leave the home. Buyers will spend more time, will feel free to ask their questions right then and there, and most of all there will be not direct interaction or questions asked
by the buyers of the Sellers, which may or may not be good ..... Most Listing agents will encourage their
sellers to try to not be home at the time of showing, if the listing agent accompanies, and there is a good
reason for one of the sellers to be home, the listing agent will provide answers to any questions by the
buyers and then it may be possible ...

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
The potential buyers may be more comfortable if you are not there, and will feel better taking their time and searching all the places they want to see before making an offer. If you need a home inspector for your house or the new house you are moving into, please give me a call 904-229-7780.
For what it's worth in my opinion absolutely not. If the seller must be home I would truly advise them to not follow the buyers around and to stay out of the way. Refer any and all questions to the listing agent. Allan