Home Selling in Norwalk>Question Details

Linda A. Cap…, Real Estate Pro in East Norwalk, CT

Should I use a small independent office or a large franchise?...that is the question!

Asked by Linda A. Cappello, East Norwalk, CT Tue Feb 2, 2010

Being a small independent, it is a question that I come across and I'm wondering how other independent offices respond.

Answers

2
I am not from a small independent office but I would repsond with it does not matter how big or small, you are hiring a specific agent for the task. It does not matter how big or small if the agent does not do the best job. The additional fact is the bigger offices attract more newbees, if fact they look for them so grow. Then I would state what I would do to get the job done and let them know I am beside them every step of the way. Show examples where the bigger company has only 1 pic on the MLS, that is sooo annoying and burns my bottom with such ill representation. How sad is it that I have to go out and take pics because the house is so poorly represented and I am trying to show my buyer what the house looks like. Ask it that is how they want to be represented.
Excellent Question! I believe it is important to have a strong company with excellent branding and great support to it's agents. That being said, I feel that its truly is the individual agent that makes the difference. A large franchise or small independent office does not guarantee quality representation.

Another questions you may ask yourself is the type of representation you are looking for. The Real Estate Team Approach consists of many people handling your transaction. You may or maynot work with the agent you "hired" or may be working with different team members you have not met. Where as an individual Agent will represent you with a one on one approach. Personalized Attention to you and your transaction.

Interview agents and find out how they conduct their business. What is their marketing plan? What is their experience? Call their references! Look at their production. Most importantly, ask questions and listen to their answers. Listen to your heart and gut! Then decide on the agent you believe in.

More Questions? Just Let Me Know . . . .
Marianne