Home Selling in Dallas>Question Details

Tbdallaskj, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Should I stage or list empty?

Asked by Tbdallaskj, Dallas, TX Tue Oct 16, 2012

Answers

9
Staging will always get you more money. The question is will the cost of staging bring you more money than the cost of staging
An empty home does not engage the mind. However if you can tastefully stage a home it helps the buyers visualize better, and also give them imagination leap points from your staging on how they can do one better at organizing their furniture and room decor. Once the buyers can visualize themselves living there (thanks to your staging skills) they will place an offer to buy your home.
STAGE if you can. But not too much. Make it pleasing but have the feeling that it is large.

Kenny
Turtle Creek Realty
I think homes look much better staged; however, I have never had a situation where a buyer cared either way. When you think of a new construction spec home, most, if not all, are not staged. Therefore, I personally don't think that it affects the marketability of a home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
A staged house typically sells for a higher price than an empty house. Homes photograph better with furniture in them and good photos are critical! All new home builders spend a lot of money decorating and furnishing their model homes - that is because they know that their homes will sell faster and for a higher price.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Tbdallas,

Staging can really help to sell a home. It is hard to see yourself living in a home when it is empty, cold, and bare.

It really doesn't cost that much to stage, and many stagers will allow you to pay at closing. There is also the option of VIRTUAL staging. If you would like more information about that, give me a call.

Brian Rayl
B&B Realty Group
Keller Williams Elite
214-601-4192
I've always thought that a house shows better with furniture in it rather than empty. It helps potential buyers visualize their belongings (e.g. "my couch is a little bigger than that but would still fit well there...") However, it depends on the cost to stage it and whether you think you'll get that back in an increased sale price.
Never done it, wondered the same thing myself. I recently read in this forum that it can cost from $4,000 to $7,000 to stage, so you would have to be talking about a high-end sale price to make it worthwhile. Best of luck...Jim
I have always heard that staging can sell a home much faster and at a higher price. I don't see why it would be a bad idea, I don't think it's that expensive.