Pete Lopez, Both Buyer and Seller in Las Cruces, NM

Should I sell now or wait?

Asked by Pete Lopez, Las Cruces, NM Thu Sep 11, 2008

Answers

4
Too vague to answer honestly.
You need to ask someone that knows:
1. Your home
2. Your personal situation (your finances, your timing, how much you need to net)
3. Your local market trends.

Probably more than one person...a Realtor, A CPA, and a financial planner would be my picks.
If you need a referral to a top Realtor, I have one
Keith
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 11, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Pete,

This depends on your personal situation. Basically, this is not the most desirable time to put property on the market to sell unless you find yourself in a must sell situation.

Your question about your rental home that has had a value decrease of $30,000 in the past your would be best addressed by a local real estate professional. the market will pick up, however, this may not happen in the time frame we would like.

At this time, investments are best viewed on a long term basic.

Some things for you to consider:
1. Homes in Las Cruces are taking between 135 and 180 days to sell dependng on condition, price and location.
2. Look at your home objectively and determine - would I purchase this home in its present condition? If not - begin now to touch up those areas of concern, clean up the yard, put the paint brush to areas that need it, and get rid of the clutter. The first impression is the most important - just like it was for you.
3. I can give you an indebth comparisons of sold homes in the area that resemble yours so you can look at a realistic price. It is usually better than you think because while slow - our market is still viable.

I would like to work with you and we can look over the above potentials together to arrive at the best time and price for your property.

Gary Benson
RE/MAX Infinity
575-644-4515
gbenson00@comcast.net
I am not in a hurry to sell my home, yet I know I will
be selling in the next 6 months or so.
My question is should I try and sell now or wait?
One more question if I may,
I also own a rental house that dropped 30,000 in value.
The same house I bought 1 year ago, is selling 30,000
lower. Will may investment pick up?