Home Selling in Loxahatchee>Question Details

Staiano94, Home Buyer in Loxahatchee, FL

Should I get an appraisal and then put home on market for appraised value? I need to sell quickly

Asked by Staiano94, Loxahatchee, FL Mon Jul 27, 2009

Answers

10
Hi!

Having a licensed appriaser is not all that expensive for residential properties so, of course, go that route if it makes you feel more comfortable than a free (CMA) Comparative Market Analysis by a Realtor. However, please keep in mind that both the appraisal price and the CMA are estimations of value. The figure that either one comes up with is not an absolute of what a buyer would be willing to pay for your home at that point of time.

If you have further questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
Thanks!!!
--Joan

JOAN LORBERBAUM MOORE
Broker Associate, GRI
Lang Realty
9858 Clint Moore Road
Boca Raton, FL 33496
http://www.langrealty.com
http://www.linkedin/in/joanlorberbaummoore
Absolutely, KNOWLEDGE is POWER. You need to have a good idea of the actual value of your home. After getting an appraisal, find a real estate professional that can guide you through the marketing process. The minimum investment in an appraisal can save you time and money in the long run.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 12, 2010
Hi Staiano --

I think you should talk to realtors and an appraiser to get a good understanding of the value of your property. Most sellers don't understand that once you get an offer, you'll still have to get over the appraisal hurdle somewhere down the road. With the new "code of conduct" rules for banks and appraisers, the appraisals are coming in even more conservative than they were (and that's VERY conservative). You will definitely be ahead of the game if you can advertise your home as "At Recent Appraised Value".

Pricing your home right and having it put its best foot forward with a little cleaning and sprucing up will go a long way to getting your home under contract quickly. Add to that a good agent to represent your interests and manage the marketing and the sale and you have a recipe for a successful closing.

If you need a good agent, check out the credentials of the local agents that answer your question here (or give me a call and I'll have a great Coldwell Banker agent in the area call you.)

Best of luck.

Louise Warring, e-PRO, CSP, CNS
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 27, 2009
Staiano94
I personally do not feel you need an appraiser. Just have your Realtor pull all homes sold in your neighborhood. You can even see pics to see what kind of shape they are in. From there is should be easy to come up with a good price. Even appraisers vary in price. A good Realtor will not have an issue with knowing how and what price to arrive at. Of course this is my personal opinion. I always look at homes that sold and consider their condition and take into account plus and minus of the properties. If there is only 1 pic, I do what the appraisers do and that is consider the home is just average condition.

Good Luck!!!
Yes, pay the $350 to a local appraiser that has at least 7 years experience. Then price your property a little above to allow room for negotiating. Make sure to list it for sale with a Realtor that pays for the extra marketing fees on Realtor.com so you will have a customized description and extra photos to lure buyers in.

Good luck with your sale!

Alma
Craig, The reason we Orlando Realtors answered first, to tell her to find a local agent is just because we are good and FAST. Here to help the public.

NONE of us suggested we could list her home, we just suggested they might list home at the correct price that a local Realtor is going to be the answer.

Of note, Louise did suggest Cold Well Bankers, which appears to be some sort of Nordic Well Drillers group, purpose of which I am not real clear.

John
You have received some good advise, I'm a bit supprised that you received responses from people in the Orland area.

The appraised value may be higher than the property would actually bring in a sale, due to the high number of Foreclosures and Short-Sales. Also keep in mind there is a Health Department Investigation about the possibility of a Cancer Cluster that has already begun to effect appraisals.

It's important to to discuss your personal situation with a Licensed Realtor who can guide you properly. Selling quickly is not always easy, and price will be a large factor.

If you would like a free confidential evaluation and consultation, please contact me at your convenience.

I am a resident of Royal Palm Beach and very familiar with Loxahatchee and the Acreage in general.

Craig Fialkowski GRI, CDPE
Certified Distressed Property Expert
2101 Vista Parkway Suite 225
West Palm Beach, FL 33411
561-827-1790
NewFLproperties@gmail.com
http://www.NewFLproperties.com
As long as the buyer has no knowledge of the market, is willing to pay any price, and has the cash in hand to do so, you never have to worry about if your property is priced correctly.
However, if Manna is not your exit plan (yes, Exodus) , then you need to have a good listing Realtor that can give you a close idea of the correct price your home will bring. He or she may suggest an appraiser to confirm his/her CMA, but a good Realtor that understands the market should be able to get your home priced in the area an appraiser at a later date would nearly or fully concur.

John
Hi Staiano,

Great question. I would recommend contacting an agent who does a lot of business in your area and having the agent do a thorough market assessment of your home along with a price recommendation. Assuming your home is not a short sale or a pre-foreclosure and without knowing more details about your general area and property, as a rule of thumb, in today's ultra competitive market, you should price it approx. 5-10% below the market data to give you the best opportunity to sell quickly.

Best of luck,

Marty Kaiser
407-595-9700
marty@floridasells.com
Web Reference: http://www.floridasells.com
A good agent can provide you comp value for any home. I would not recommend to spend the money on appraisal buyer would need their own from their lender. Unless you sale home under value I would recommend post it as proof of statement

Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com