Home Selling in Wisconsin>Question Details

Nicole Shinn…, Home Buyer in Madison, WI

Should I be present when selling my home FSBO?

Asked by Nicole Shinnick, Madison, WI Fri Jul 4, 2014

My husband and I have our first showing tomorrow and the people seeing the home have a realtor? Is it necessary for us to be home during that showing?

Answers

3
The buyers agent represents the buyer. If you do not have a listing agent then you represent yourself and yes should be there. You need to quickly brush up on what to say and what not to say. Thos is what seperates agents between just an agent and a good listing agent that knows when to talk and when to listen, Answer their questions without giving away negotiating power. You should have your state and federal disclosures available, filled out and signed prior to the showing. The easiest part of selling is getting someone to look, then you ned a good showing, then an offer, than a contract then to get it to close.
Nicole,
If the agent is licensed and in good standing, get out and let them do their job. "Helping" often backfires and causes more problems than it solves. If they have specific questions the agent can call and ask them later. Stick to "the facts and only the facts" the more you talk, the more information they have to use against you. This is the biggest poker game you'll probably ever be in and the agent does this everyday, and you don't.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 5, 2014
If you do not have representation of an agent, that means that you are representing yourself and can conduct the showings as you see fit. It is up to you as to the level of trust you have with the showing agent. Buyers will spend more time in your home if you are not there. I caution to you to insure that the REALTOR / agent is indeed active, license, and in good standing before allow them free reign of your home.

All the best to you.