Question Details

Uwe Klotz, Home Seller in McLean, VA

Selling our Home in McLean, VA

Asked by Uwe Klotz, McLean, VA Fri Mar 15, 2013

The reason I wanted to place a listing on Trulia is that we are in a "coming soon" state as we can't relocate before the end of June but in lieu of very few listing we were asked to show our home. So we contracted with an agent but since there is still 3 1/2 months to go we don't want to put the house in the official system as of yet. My idea was to create some preliminary interest. We already have an offer (low-ball) which we rejected and some interest from several parties. I have listed the house on Zillow as you can do it there as the owner. If any of you professionals have somebody who is looking for a nice place in McLean, please don't hesitate to contact me and I will get you in contact with my agent for a home showing.

Answers

3
The issue at large is that if you list your house for sale many potential buyers want it now, as soon as they commit! With that in mind I would limit the number of potential buyers dramatically if I can't give them what they want. And that has nothing to do with being a teenager.

My issue is here, if I place the house in the official channels and as said I limit the buyers group then the house will be on the market for several months until we can really promote it. This would put us in a disadvantage in terms of negotiations as the buyers would ask, why hasn't this house sold? What is wrong with it? Why is it on the market for several months?

Yes, we will put the house up for sale maybe in May or early June and then the timing is right. The only reason we have already started is that we had several people interested already and they had asked us if they can see the house.

So we have a contract with a real estate agent and all inquiries will be handled through her. I just wanted to get the word out, that's why I listed the house on Zillow and wanted to do the same here on Trulia.

We have already received an offer from the first person who has seen the house but we rejected it as too low. There is absolutely no inventory in that price range here in McLean and I have no doubt that we can sell our house quickly.
Hi Uwe, it looks like you are very pro-active and the way it looks to me you will not really have a big
problem selling your property and since you are already connected with a local Realtor, congrats
things will work out just fine for you! I am sure!

NOW I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU .... where are you relocating to? May be we can help you there, either in person or with one of our partner agents in that area. Would love to hear back from you.

Sincerely yours,
Edith
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Thank you for your offer. We are relocating to Albuquerque, NM and we already have a fantastic realtor there. Thanks again,
Flag Fri Mar 15, 2013
You remind me of a teenager, sneeking around a girlfriends home, looking for glimpse in a window; not wanted to get caught looking.

Selling a house is also like being a little pregnant; either you are, or you ain't!

As you have seen, you will still attract offers, so....

As your Realtor probably told you, there you have flexibility; you can explaine to the Offeree that you don't want to move right away, (early in the process):
You can include a 60 or even 90 day Escrow,
You can include a Rent-Back,
You can include a 14 day answering period on Offers, so that you can "collect" the right offer.
You just have to communicate with everybody and you have to be professional too.