John Jason, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Selling my house in SF, where can I look to find a top-local agent? I just want my agent to be extremely good, and get my home sold fast.

Asked by John Jason, San Francisco, CA Tue Jul 22, 2014

any suggestions on where to start in my search?

Answers

21
Hi John Jason!

We understand that selling your home can be an overwhelming experience and that at times can be unbelievably stressful. We know that finding the right agent can be just as stressful and picking the right or wrong agent for you could either cost or save you thousands of dollars.

We (UpNest) are an innovative online realtor market place that helps you find top local realtors that will be competing for your business. When using UpNest, within 24 hours you will receive multiple different proposals customized by some of the top local agents in your area. You will be able to compare commission quotes, length of contract, and services such as number of open houses, staging, marketing and virtual tours that the agents are willing to offer.

After reviewing the different proposals, you then can pick the agent that you feel is best suited for you and your particular situation. Because agents are competing for your business, they will be offering lower than average commission rates, saving you thousands of dollars.

For more information on UpNest and how we operate, please check out our website at
http://www.upnest.com.

For more information on selecting an agent, we wrote a great piece, for more information click here: http://www.upnest.com/1/post/home-selling-step-1-choosing-an…
Hi John,

I'd recommend looking at Inzopa.com. Inzopa can tell you, who are the top real estate agents to help you sell or buy a house by neighborhoods, property types, price,427 etc. Here is the list of top realtors in San Francisco.

Best San Francisco Real Estate Agents
https://www.inzopa.com/s/san-francisco-real-estate-agents

All the best!

Charanjeet
This is a great place to start, I'm sure you will get a lot of responses from local agents here. We have an office in San Francisco, let me know if you still need help with this.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 9, 2014
John Jason,

We (LessThan6Percent) are an innovative online realtor market place that helps you find top local realtors that will be competing for your business. When using LessThan6Percent, within 24 hours you will receive multiple different proposals customized by some of the top local agents in your area. You will be able to compare commission quotes, length of contract, and services such as number of open houses, staging, marketing and virtual tours that the agents are willing to offer.

For more information on LessThan6Percent and how we operate, please check out our website at
http://www.LessThan6Percent.com.

For more information on selecting an agent, we wrote a great piece, for more information click on the link below!

http://www.lessthan6percent.com/1/post/home-selling-step-1-c…
Hi John -

Finding a good agent is tough, and personally, I'd recommend going through recommendations or referrals from friends if you know anyone whose purchased a property recently. They're going to be able to give you a name or someone they trusted (assuming their sale or purchase went smoothly). Alternatively check agents profiles online at various web sites, and speak with a few before making a decision to make sure you're going with someone who you can trust and feel comfortable with.

If you're still on the hunt for an agent, I'd be happy to chat and help in any way I can.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 28, 2014
Check out My team Sf with Zephyr. If you google their name it should give you all the info you need.
There are many good realtors, but what you want to do is sit down with at least three and discuss what are your particular goals and expectations. Agents can be very good, but if you don't have the same vision, you're going to get frustrated. You need to analyze with your agent your pricing goals, timing goals, and your need to have time to find a replacement home. Any realtor can sell a home "fast"!, The question is whether you are willing to sell at a price that will get you that quick sale, whether your house is in the condition to get the price you are hoping for! And don't forget to check out the agents here, just click on the toolbar above for "find an agent", and if you are looking for a replacement property up here in Sonoma County, give me a call!! Best, Terry Bell, CPS RE Santa Rosa, CA 707-292-5712 BRE#01414808
Hello Mr. Jason, please contact me as soon as you start interviewing agents for the job. By the way, Trulia is a good place to start, family and friends always have somebody. No matter what the source is, always set up an interview and ask the right questions.
Hi John, Relationship and communication with the Agent is most important. Then the Pricing and Strategy that will best be suited for you and the Buyer's market right up until the minute it is Listed. The Staging, Marketing and all the services that are needed to properly be ready for the sale of your property. That calls for the Agent to have the Best team to execute all that is involved. Is the Agent accessible and personable to the Buyers Agents? All of the above is Best answered in finding the right Agent for you by a personal recommendation and experience. ON Line self promotion does not necessarily make for an honest good relationship for you. If you email me where your property is located I can be of further personalized assistance for you.
415.425.2008
HoneyB@
SFHomesofDistinction.com
iogeus pasture
Looking online is the trend nowadays, but, having someone who is familiar with the market (conditions), property values, marketing strategies, and has the resources is key to getting a property sold. Realize that all properties ultimately sell themselves, but, a "top-local agent" as you put it, will be someone that knows how to get you the highest price, in the shortest time, with a minimal of hassles or problems. And that is what you want, right?
Hi John,
Contact me I have an agent in SF that is very good. I have referred clients before that have been very happy.
Matt Polaski
Keller Williams
805-760-4564
Hi John,
Matt Polaski
Keller Williams
805-760-4564
Hi John,

I couldn't agree more with the other agents' answers listed below. I would add, go to some open houses in your area and use that time as an interview.

Granted you're not always going to run into the listing agent during the open house. But you can at least, get some god ideas about how they would market your home, if they had your house listed.

Good luck John!

Nicole Redding
Skybox Realty
Nicole@skyboxrealty.com
My team of creatives and I will present your home to buyers better than any other broker, period. Using cinematography, virtual reality technology, web/graphic design, architect/design photographers, we'll make you're home look insanely great. High-end marketing defends high-end price points, every time. http://www.PabloCela.com
We have excellent agents at Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate. I can assist you with suggestions on where to start.

Tiffany Razo
Referral Associate
DRE# 01891200
Better Homes & Gardens | JF Finnegan Realtors
362 Gellert Boulevard
Daly City, CA 94015
Phone: (415) 666-5886
Fax: (650) 757-1338
Email: gobhgre@gmail.com
Observe the names on the yard signs in your community.
Observe the 'Brand' on those yard signs.

Call them.

Hire the one who tells you what is hard to hear.
Fast, Good, Cheap. You can only choose two.

Anyone suggesting otherwise is telling you what you want to hear.
Try to get a personal referral from someone you trust.

Chris
A word of caution.....agents and agencies that are promoting their services based on discounted fees for professional services are usually reducing much more than their commission. They generally reduce the level of services provided to accomplish this.

Consider the following:

Good agents can be identified at open houses

Get a marketing plan in writing

Be prepared to ask some good questions

Be more concerned with an agent's "total volume sales" than their number of listings.

Look for someone willing to keep you informed and work closely with you

Hello John,

I welcome the opportunity to discuss the selling process and our marketing strategy to sell your home quickly.
You can contact me at the below for a complimentary consultation.

Lizete Santos
Broker / Realtor
McGuire Real Estate
lsantos@mcguire.com
415-606-5053
Web Reference: http://www.LizeteSantos.com
When it comes to selling your home, the most important factor to consider is finding someone you can trust. After all, it is one of the biggest transactions you will make in your life.

It is my humble opinion to interview a few brokers and see who you feel most comfortable with. Selling a home is a process. The more comfortable you feel with your agent, the easier the sale is going to be!

If you want to sell fast, there are strategies I can go over with you. Of course, it will depend on your situation. No two transactions are alike. Please let me know if I can be of service to answer any of your questions!

Have a great day!

Joey 415-815-9116
joeychanrealtor@gmail.com
well, you're on Trulia...so you can start here...and look up the top agents in San Francisco. You can also take a look at yelp, ask neighbors, friends and family for referrals, etc. There are no shortage of Realtors!

Invite a few agents into your home for a market evaluation and listing presentation. This will help you narrow down your short list!