Home Selling in San Jose>Question Details

wintrin, Other/Just Looking in Whippany, NJ

Selling mobile homes in San Jose, California

Asked by wintrin, Whippany, NJ Thu Jul 15, 2010

Hi - My elderly parents live in a mobile home community in San Jose, California and want to move back to NJ. They are being told by their community association that they can only use one particilar listing agent and that agent charges a flat $10k commission which turns out to be 22% of their asking price of $45k which seems ridiculously high. How can I verify whether this is valid and confirm that my parents are not being ripped off? Thanks.

Answers

2
That is not legal.
See the link below.

I would recommend talking with a couple different mobile home dealers in that zip code.
This is a very "interesting" business, with most dealers acting as sales agents.

You might want to google the name of the mobile home park and words like "complaints" or "fraud" to see what comes up.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Your parents should have an Agreement that needs looked at, possibly by an attorney. If there is nothing in writing, I don't see it as legitimate. "Free legal advice" are the words to type into a search engine like google. Gooid luck.