Question Details

Featherz, Other/Just Looking in Wilton, NY

Selling land FSBO in California?

Asked by Featherz, Wilton, NY Fri Jun 27, 2008

What's required to sell a small parcel of land in california or even to 'gift' it. Do I need to have an escrow company, etc, to handle all the paperwork and file the title or can it be done by me? I'd prefer to just get a realtor and do it the usual way, but this property (inland empire, CA) is worth very little (5-8K) and probably no realtor would take that on for the little money they would get IF it sold. We may just gift it to a relative or if we have to, sell cheap to one of those webuyland people. We're paying taxes and association fees on the land plus I am concerned about liability when we are out of state (it's a very sloped lot).

Help the community by answering this question:


For a simple land transaction, to a relative, you could use a standard Grant Deed, or Quit Claim Deed. The Grant Deed has Implied Warranties which a Fee estate is passed, whereby the Quit Claim Deed conveys whatever present right, title or interest the grantor may have at that time of recording of the instrument. There are a few forms, for California, see link is below.

Best Regards
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 4, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer