Kristen Sand…, Both Buyer and Seller in Lindenwald, OH

Selling before buying.

Asked by Kristen Sanders, Lindenwald, OH Fri Jun 8, 2012

I have found a home that I am very interested in but have my current home to sell which I haven't even put on the market yet. How do most people handle a situation like this? I most certainly can't afford 2 mortgages and am afraid that by the time I sell my home the one that I want will be gone.

Also, my current home has a 400 gallon, 4' deep koi pond but I do not plan on leaving my koi. Should I plan to fill in the pond before selling?

And last but not least. I also have a hot tub on a deck in the back corner of my yard. Are hot tubs selling points or should I go ahead and get rid of it? I was telling my husband that I just want to get rid of it but he seems to think it will help us sell.

Thanks for your help!

Answers

4
HI Kristen!

You have option but by all means find the right agent to help you! Your questions are well thought out and very good. Most agents will tell you if you do not plan on allowing the KOI pond to stay with the property then remove it before you start showings. The moment someone sees it they WILL want it....it's just how folks are geared.

Hot tub. Is it in good condition? Is your type of home one that is inviting to others from an entertainment value? That will be the real decision on keeping it or not.

I am a local agent and work Fairfield, Lindenwald, Hamilton, West Chester. Be happy to help you if you like. Call, text, or email anytime.

Nadja Crawford, Realtor
Ownerland Realty
513-518-4047 cell
Email: nadja@ownerland.com
Kristen keep the pond. How old is the hot tub and what woud you plan on doing with area where it is. Are you ready to rent out the property idf you can not find a buyer at an acceptable price? Can you afford to carry two mortgages untill you sell?

You can write an offer contingient upon the sale of your home but if it is not under contract most Realtors® are recomending to their clients to reject that type of offer. Where are you planning on moveing to? I currently have 2 listings in Linedwald and both are under contract and set to close.
Hello Kristen,
Lot of very good concerns. The situation that you want to be a tricky 1 and you need to go into it fully prepared. Please feel free to give me a call 937.369.0288 or email me at neilmoritz@gmail.com I will be more than happy to discuss the options you have. I will also be happy to discuss the selling features of your current home. Thank you -neil
It sounds like you need a great agent in OH to help you with your plan.

Contracts, laws, and market conditions vary by state and having a local professional will certainly give you the details you need.

To speak in general terms.

I suggest you get a Buyer agent to write the offer for you. This can also be the agent who will list you home. If they are in the same proximatly and the agent is both a selling and listing agent then you may want to consider the same agent to coordinate.

If the market is slow for sellers, you may be able to write an offer contingent upon a successful closing on your home. Usually a seller doesn't want to take the home off of market for a lower price while waiting for a buyer to sell their home. There is a strategy in this and your agent will assist you.

When selling your home, your agent will come and take a look and compare your home to your competition. In order for you to compete your listing agent will make suggestions on getting your home ready. Any items not included in the sale need to be stated up front and then agent in writing in the contract so that all parties are clear.

If you would like me to refer an agent to you drop me a note.

Have an amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com