Khajistha, Home Seller in Austin, TX

Selling a house on marimba trail, 78729

Asked by Khajistha, Austin, TX Tue Jun 10, 2008

Is it easy to sell our house in this area? We may have a lot of competition.

What would make someone choose your home over others in the same neighborhood? That is the question you need to answer. Location, condition and price. Make sure your home shines. Look at your first impression. That's the front door area of your home.
Web Reference: http://www.LeanderHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 27, 2008
Dear Khajistha,
Your home is in a central/north location that will appeal to buyers. You need to do your homework: go look at your competition, what are they doing that catches YOUR eye? Hire a Realtor to help you market , stage your home, price it right and you will find a buyer. You don't need 100 buyers, only one that is approved and ready to move. I wish you luck on the sale of your home. Please call me if I may be of assistance.

Your home has a lot of advantages in that area. You're priced below the market average both list price and price per square foot, you have one of the smaller homes in the area which is good for people that want to get into that neighborhood, the online pictures look great, you have an updated kitchen, and you back to greenspace. All in all, while things have slowed down a bit in Austin, you have a really nice house in a very good area. Being on the market for only 6 days, I wouldn't be too concerned at all at this point.

Having the list of upgrades that you've done since purchasing the home in '05 is great. Your agent also put both the survey and the disclosure online, and the virtual tour pics look great. I do have 3 small nits to recommend. Paint the front door and shutters a more neutral color, paint the wood on the outside of the hot tub something other than bright blue, and consider trashing the storage shed.

Otherwise, looks like a nice property! I do know your listing agent, she'll probably get a kick out of my nits above, but she might agree too!

If it's priced right, looks exceptional and stands apart from the other homes for sale around you and you have a Realtor that MARKETS your property as opposed to putting a sign in the yard and putting it on the MLS....who cares about the competition then? Whew, sorry, a bit long-winded there! Good luck!

San Juanita Schafer, e-PRO, GRI
You may want your home on several of the free local listing websites. One such site is http://www.austinhouse.net, this is a free site for For sale by owners and Realtors. If you have a lot of competition, the more eyes that see your home the better.

Austinhouse.net allows you to post up to 8 pictures (4 for free) and you get your own URL address. Then, when a buyer wants to see your home, just email them your home's custom URL address. Hope this helps
I agree the loctaion, condition & pricing are the major factors is getting your home sold as quickly as possible.
One other thing to consider when choosing a REALTOR is how much & what type of marketing they will do for you. More & more people are shopping on the Internet..so that is a type of exposure you should ask about ..along with the more traditional flyers, office tours & mail-outs.
Virtual Tours, searches such as Craig's List & Backpage & Enhanced version of Realtor.com are some that I have found to be effective.
Have the Realtor you choose walk the home with you & help you make a list of what can be done to make the home market ready.
Hope this helps! Linda Graves
Where are you moving? If it is to the DFW metroplex, I am ready to help you buy a home!
Awesome. My friends used to live on that street. They sold their home about 2 years ago. Sold pretty fast.
Just list the home at a good price and the buyers will come.
You need to research your competition determine what you have toooooo offer of them. Also staging of a home. We as listing agent tour all the other homes on the market in your listing area and therefore we know how to market assist our buyers. GOOD LUCK

The keys to selling ANY property are three: location, condition and price. If you price your property correctly, we should have not problem getting it SOLD! In fact, statistics prove that if you price it correctly at the beginning of the listing, you will net the most money!

Give me a call and my team will assist you with a FREE market analysis!

Connie Herron, REALTOR, GRI, ABR