Home Selling in 30058>Question Details

Agostochloe, Both Buyer and Seller in Scottsdale, AZ

Selling a condo unit in Lithonia, GA, while out of country/out of state....

Asked by Agostochloe, Scottsdale, AZ Tue Dec 4, 2012

I bought a 3 bed HUD condo located in Lithonia a few months back. I went on to fix the drywalls, give it new paint replace water heater, replace new carpet, install range, range hood, thermostats, dishwasher, blinds, ceiling fans and sepnt close to usd10k . I happily went on to rent the place at very good rental return but then found out that I have to spend a lot of misc charges like tenant procurement fees, property management fees, HOA fees. Now tenant wants to move out because she is buying a place. I am out of the country a lot and found it very hard to manage my property like that. I am in Arizona whenever I am in the country. So how can I sell the unit while I spent most of the time outside the country/out of state, any advice ?

Help the community by answering this question:


I would be more than happy to assist you with getting your condo sold as Lithonia is one of my service areas and I have done a lot of business with out of state and foreign buyers/sellers.

Contact me directly so we can discuss your options in full.

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in GA and NJ
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Paula Rosario,

I am the listing agent for the condo in question.
Feel free to contact me for info. Thanks!

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in GA and NJ
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
404-843-2500 office
973-687-7095 cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 5, 2013
hi laquita give me a call i am a licensed mortgage banker in georgia who is looking for good agents who can handle my purchase leads. Charles,atkins@nlcloans.com
Flag Wed Jan 23, 2013
Please contact me, I may be interested in purchasing it. My email is paularosario234@hotmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 5, 2013
I might be interested in buying it from you depending on the price and location. Feel free to send me an email with the details at rcinnovestments@gmail.com, and let's see if we can strike a deal. Happy New Year, RC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 4, 2013
I am a local realtor who has lived in Lithonia for over 10 years I also have a home I manage in the area. I would be more than happy to help you sell your condo. Please contact me at 678-406-8475 or email me at micah.fouskey@metrobrokers.com. Thank You look forward to being your Realtor.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
You gotten great advice from all the agents below. If you are going to keep the property I would definitely suggest a property manager to make it a little easier on you. If you decide to sell definitely find a good REALTOR to assist you!

Ava Anderson
Solid Source Realty Inc.
770 369-5121
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 5, 2012
It sounds as though you have encountered some of the pitfalls of being an out of state owner. When you own proeprty out of state, a property management compnay is almost going to be a requirement.

If you decide to sell, you would need to choose a Listing Agent. For the actual closing, your orignal signatures will be required to be notarized. If you are going to be out of the country, then you would need to make sure that you have a specific Power of Attorney in place to sign on your behalf.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 5, 2012
Consider listing it on the local MLS through an Agent/Broker, Agostochloe, and having them market it to attract a serious, qualified Buyer. As long as you have email access, can scan and print offers, counters and contracts, you should be good to go. Please call, text or email if we can provide further assistance. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond





0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 5, 2012
All you need is a local real estate agent and you don't need to be in the country or state to sell. Your agent will handle everything for you. If you don't get any answers tonight from any local agents I would post this same question tomorrow between 9 and 5 and I'm sure that you'll get some agents offering to list your home for you. Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer