Christian, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

Selling a bungalow in east hollywood (little armenia) - gorgeous, price is right, but no parking - could this really be a killer? what can I do?

Asked by Christian, Los Angeles, CA Wed Dec 19, 2012

Answers

18
Jamie Tian’s answer
Dear Christian,

If the price is right, then a home will sell quickly.

Parking is often an issue in the Hollywood area and is not necessarily a deal breaker.

What you need is the right listing agent to properly market your property. I am with Rodeo Realty of Sunset Strip and we specialize in homes in your area. I would love to come take a look at your property and give you an honest opinion on the current market value and talk to you about strategies for selling the property quickly.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Jamie Tian
REALTOR
Rodeo Realty - Sunset Strip
(310) 717 - 1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
Web Reference: http://JamieTian.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
Hi Christian,
As I am sure you have read by now, parking is always an issue. If priced right, it should sell anyway. People know that parking is an issue. Just look for nearby parking and be able to tell people where they can park.

If the property is not already listed, just like some other agents, I would like to come by and look at it. Please consider using me to list the property. I have a great team that I work with! Please let me know how I can help. Keller Williams has an amazing amount of technology and we can market your property not just locally, but all over the country and even internationally! I would appreciate an opportunity to interview with you so we can sell you property!

Melissa Hathorn
Keller Williams Realty DTLA
213-221-7579 (Office)
865-207-6296 (Cell)
melissahathornkw@gmail.com
http://www.melissahathorn.kwrealty.com
Sorry, forgot to leave my BRE # 01940247. :-)
Flag Tue Dec 24, 2013
Not a killer,price will cure everything .The price may be a bit high if you re competing with same kind of properties at same price,but they have parking ,good luck !
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
Parking would help,but what you have is what you have ! Price will overcome any issues ! Good Luck !
Another perspective: Adding parking has the potential to dramatically increase the value of your home. Depending on the specific lot, it may be possible to add parking relatively inexpensively using a curb cut and some new retaining walls. If you can add parking to your property, you will more than recoup the cost incurred at sale.
Parking is really key to most buyers choice in buying. You have to make it up in other areas. Pricing etc. Good luck
Parking is an issue, but it doesn't have to be. When marketing your property focus on all the good things about the location, like it is commuter friendly and close to public transportation, walking distance to shops and eateries...like that.
The area is a lot of fun and I don't think you'll have trouble selling it.

I this it is obvious that parking will help a quick sale, however I. This market with low inventory - you may have an opportunity to sell this property.

Please allow me an opportunity to speak to you regarding sale of this property.

____________________
Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell 

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION! 

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777.

Sergey Fednov
President - Realtor®
- Trust Sale Realty -
Residential & Commercial Real Estate
_______________________________
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925
http://www.TrustSale.com 
http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents -
Lic# 01896869

Dear Christian,
If there is any way you can add at least one parking space to this property, it will help tremendously. If it's just not possible, then try to scout a few places where they can park nearby reasonably.
Hello Christian,
There is little inventory right now, so it could be an opportunity for you to sell now. Parking is always an issue in the city, however, with so much demand and little inventory, I think you will minimize your negative on parking in this market. Are you already listed? If not, can we meet and discuss this? I am a Listing Agent and have many buyers looking in the Hollywood area right now for properties. Please let me know how I can assist you. No obligation or cost to meet and discuss. Thank you.
Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
"Representing the finest properties from Los Angeles worldwide"
KAS Properties - Coldwell Banker Previews International - Beverly Hills South
166 N. Canon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.859-5334 office - 310.488.9826 mobile - 310-273-0690 fax ATT: RJ
RichardKas@gmail.com - http://www.RJforLA.com - DRE: 01352771
Sellers Buyers Investors Leasing Consulting
Christian, I would love to come and see this house because I have buyers who are looking for possibly a rental property. I would like to at least come look at the house so I can tell them about it.
Please call me at 818-730-8635, or e-mail me at rholcwl@pacbell.net.
Clint Lohr , Keller Williams-- Burbank.
Christian, people who choose to live in the City are not surprised by parking problems. Pricing accordingly is your best option. Are you the owner? If so, whatever drew you to the property will draw a buyer to it.

It is hard to give you an exact opinion without seeing the property. I recommend making up for no parking by pricing and staging the bungalow to be very desirable!

Dot Chance, Realtor, CDPE
DRE #01494182
Keller Williams Realty World Media Center
I would also include information about where they can park close by - hopefully for free - on any ads. If you need any help translating to Armenian Buyers/Sellers, please don't hesitate to ask. Caroline 818-967-9626.
Christian, I had a similar listing about a year and a half ago that had only street parking. It was a CA bungalow in a small compound on Serrano. Street parking only is not uncommon in that area and it's certainly not a deal killer. Rather, it just means that if there were two otherwise identical properties except that one had parking and the other one didn't, the one without parking would be worth less than the one with it. With that said, the only way I (or anyone else) can be specific about your bungalow's value would be if I were to come see it and then do a market analysis for you. I'd be happy to do that, so If you're interested, just let me know.

I hope this helps.

Marty Walker
eXp Realty
323.559.5823
marty.walker@exprealty.com
Christian,
You say "The price is right." If it really is, you will have no problem selling it in this market. There are tons of buyers for any property listed at the right price. You should know that every buyer sacrifices something. In this case, it's parking. No big deal.

Have you listed it yet? If not, Give me a call and I'll give you a price opinion. If you have listed it, it would be helpful to know the address.

Mark Mintz
Keller Williams Los Feliz
(310) 991-3808
http://www.eastsidedigs.com
It is what it is. You bought it, someone will buy it from you. Where do you park? Are there others in the area in similar situation? Where do they park?
It could be deal killer if street parking is difficult. Explain to prospective buyers where you currently park your own car. You might find out if any adjacent properties have additional spots that could be rented by the new owner. if you are near public transportation, market to those who use it.
Is there a paid parking lot nearby?
Eileen Lanza
Keller Williams