Montana 406…, Real Estate Pro in 59715

Sellers and Listing Agents - are you getting reasonable comps when pricing?

Asked by Montana 406 Real Estate, 59715 Mon Apr 22, 2013

Answers

2
As local real estate market sales continue to rise and inventory levels decrease, this question will be coming up frequently. The pendulum is swinging once more...toward the sellers. With appraisers looking backward in time, the real time market is having to adjust to decreased inventory levels, multiple offers, low days on market and, in some cases, unique properties that don't have any clearly defined comparables. Unless you are listing a cookie cutter subdivision (and those are experiencing price increases with demand), I see this as a continuing process between appraisers, lenders, buyers who want to buy and sellers who want to sell...and the happy medium landing area.
Not in all markets. In the Minneapolis area prices are rising much faster than the comps and I am concerned at some point we will start to have some appraisal issues.

Tom
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 23, 2013