June, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA

Seeking a honest South Philly Agent to sell my home-

Asked by June, Philadelphia, PA Mon Apr 23, 2012

Must be willing to stay in contact with client / homeowner- return phone calls- provide
honest leads and not ask for a fee upfront when you are earning 6 % of my monies.

Thank you for your time

Answers

23
Irina Karan’s answer
Hello June,

It's great that you are being upfront about how you want your house sold.
It makes an agent's job easier when a seller is upfront. I'm sure that there are many great agents in your area.

However, how will you know if any agent is this way? I guess the only way to find out is to see agents profiles, find out about their experience as listing agents (different from buyer's agent), check out their testimonials/referrals...

At the same time, while personal qualities, like honesty, responsibility (returning calls etc) is absolutely a requirement - it's not enough to sell your home. What if this agent is doing all that you mentioned, but does not do a good job marketing your property?

So, when interviewing agents for the job, ask what they will do to market your place: what websites they will be getting your house "exposure" on, ask about staging and getting that top dollar for you.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 25, 2012
June,

I never heard of anyone asking a fee up front. I live and work heavily in South Phialdelphia.
This is a great time to list your property. There is a lot of buyer sentiment in South Philadephia currently.

Let's discuss taking advantage of the spring market and selling your property in the next 30 days.

Carl Caldas
CITYSPACE
ccaldas@phillycityspace.com
215-279-1897
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
Thank you for your post. How would I go about finding out information on realtors, as you suggested above?
Flag Fri Feb 22, 2013

Flag Fri Feb 22, 2013
Yes, thats what and agent from plummers real estate mention to me in order to list my property when he knows that he's getting a fee. Doesn't make sense to me.
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
Hi, I pride myself on communication and send my clients weekly reports. Please email or call me anytime. I am a workaholic and unless I am with a client or on the phone, I always pick up -- even at 11pm. Try me!

R. Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
215.735.2225 o
856.617.1212 m
axelson@kurfiss.com
Licensed in NJ & PA
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
I see you must be frustrated with another agent. I can do just what you are asking. In fact, I believe this is how all agents must conduct business.
We currently manage and handle sale of several properties in South Phila.
Would be happy to help at less than 6%.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark The Diamond Group-Sales
Main Line Investors Group-Property Management
610-348-8389
610-449-1919 x. 223
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
I live and work in South Philly and I'd be more than happy to meet with you and tell you what I would do to sell your home for the best price in the least amount of time. Honestly and good communication and no upfront fees should be the bare minimum of what you can expect from any agent. I see you already have some great options on this list but it never hurts to meet with a few people and see who is the best fit for you. Best of luck to you either way, and be in touch anytime if I can be of any help.
Karrie Gavin
Elfant Wissahickon REALTORS©
2000 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215-260-1376
215-893-9002 (fax)
Author of Moon Philadelphia (http://www.travelmatters.com/book.php?isbn=9781598808865)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
Thank you but you never visit and this has become a huge problem with myself and so- called brokers. If you are going to stick to your word = then I would take that as honesty indeed. Now, on the other hand- you do not have the right to contact me on this site and you are pro- choice when it comes to visiting certain properties... I'm threw with this type of work that you & others on this site claim to help homeowners sale their property. NOT TRUE SERVICE AT ALL = ENJOY
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
Hi - I pride myself on great communication & feedback with my clients. I know the area very well & would be happy to meet & discuss getting your home sold. I've had 9 offers on 4 of my listings in the past week & will get the job done. Upfront fee? Never!
Kathy gilmore
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
I just sold 2336 s 20th in 9 days asking price was 189,900 sold for 185,000 and settled in 30 days. I am the #1 Agent RE/MAX Sales Units- State of Pennsylvania 2011 Call me and I can come see your houe to price it today, Honest * Depenable * Experienced

Michael P. Cohen
Associate Broker
RE/MAX Access
1033 N. 2nd Street 5Th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Direct Line: 610-642-0347
Office: 215-400-2615
Greenfax: 610-680-3688
mskj@comcast.net

Current listings with Photos-click here
http://www.accessphilly.com/agents/michaelcohen
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
This guy has the backbone of a jellyfish.
Flag Sun Apr 29, 2012
This guy is honest until his pea sized brain starts calculating his commission, and then honesty amnesia sets it. Stay away at ALL costs.
Flag Mon Apr 23, 2012
Hi!
We are happy to come meet with you and assist you with selling your place. Feel free to contact us by phone or e-mail.
Natalie and Jared
215-839-9223
jared@phillycondostore.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
Hello June,

If you are still looking for an agent please feel free to contact me or a member of my team! We would love to work with you!

Mike McCann
"The Real Estate Man" & The McCann Team
BHHS Fox & Roach Realtors
530 Walnut St Suite 260 Phila PA 19106
o 215.627.6005 | d 215.440.8345
http://www.McCannTeam.com
Meet the McCann Team!
I would be happy to help you if you are still looking.

Julie E. Kimmel

RE/MAX Home Experts
530 S 2nd St Ste 109
Philadelphia, PA 19147
(215) 467-2892 Office & Fax
(215) 704-5577 Cell
JulieEKimmel@gmail.com
Deidre Quinn and Richard Turricki at Keller Williams are both fantastic!! I highly recommend either of them!
Hello June,

Please give me a call at 215.334.3333, x103 or 215.451.7610 as I can help you in this matter. I have been a Realtor for over 35 years and have much experience in the Real Estate industry specifically in South Philadelphia. My company has been serving the Philadelphia Real Estate Community for over 85 years. I look forward to speaking with you and helping you with all your Real Estate needs! Thank you!

Michael Giordano
President/Associate Broker
Century 21 Forrester Real Estate
215.334.3333, x8
215.451.7610
mgiordano@c21forrester.com http://www.c21forrester.com http://www.mgiordano.weebly.com -
Web Reference: http://www.c21forrester.com
I would like to sit down with you and discuss the possibility of selling your home. You can reach me at 215-327-8104 or 215-632-SELL
Take care,
Kathy Hanigan, Broker
In some markets 6% is the very low end of what a REALTOR will accept to take on business that requires such a commitment from the REALTOR. My advice to you is to interview several associates and hold them accountable to what they agree they will do for the agreed commission, generally, here, a REALTOR will lay out what they do for 6%, 7%, and 8% commission. It is up to you to decide your own level of service based on what you are willing to pay.
6% is pretty standard in Philadelphia. There are a lot of broker companies that only charge 5% and very few that charge 7%.
Flag Thu May 17, 2012
June i think you should do your search in person. The best agent for you to work with is someone that can fit your needs.If I remember right you had another post here looking for other information. Please protect your self and find an agent that can show and earn your trust so before you list talk in person with at lease 3 agent to find one to start to work with. If you wish Please call me at 215-725-5700 and we can talk to see if you and I are of the same mind set. Please remember just because an agent fits you needs you may not be the one that the agent can work with and fit the agents needs. While it is important for you to know my background it is far more important for it to be about you and your needs.

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corp
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
I would love to sit down and meet with you to discuss the listing of your home. I take great pride in working with my clients and keeping them well informed throughout the whole process and my number one goal is an win-win relationship. Please feel free to contact me at 267-259-6513, to see if you we are right for another.

Looking forward to meeting with you.
Thank you but no thanks, how many times does a homeowner has to keep calling any agent/broker to get a response????? Please do not contact me unless you are serious. This shows me way into the future that I will have trouble with you and let's reframe from this now.
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012

I am a native of South Phila. and I have been selling homes there for 17 years. My Company is the largest and provides Sellers with the best marketing system available.

Please call me for a free Comparative Market Analysis.

Robin 215-266-8334
NO THANK YOU- YOU NEVER ANSWER YOUR PHONE = SAME AS THE REST OF THESE SO CALLED AGENTS= PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME EMAILS CLAIMING THAT YOU ARE HONEST AND BESIDES YOU LIVE IN NEW JERSEY WHICH IS NOT GREAT TACTICAL SKILLS WHEIL IN HELPING A HOWME OWNER IN PHILLY. THAT'LL NEVER WORK!
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
Hi, June.

I have represented both buyers and sellers all over South Philly. If you would like to try our proven marketing methods (home website, video, etc.) at a below average commission rate, please feel free to contact me.

I'm happy to help.

Tim

tim@usspaces.com
267-879-2716
Hi June,

I'm an honest South Philly Agent, with Coldwell Banker Preferred. I would be happy to work with you to sell the house and would not ask for any fee upfront. My number is 267-238-1054.

Carl Kabat, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Preferred
More than glad to help you with your S Philly real estate needs. Competent and dependable. I would contact several agents and see who is the best fit. Good Luck!
Hello - Honest South Philly Agent here!

Hannah Angert, Realtor
(215) 869-9571 or hannahangert@comcast.net

William Festa Realty
3001 S. Sydenham St.
Philadelphia PA 19145
(215) 271-3000 phone
(215) 271-0988 fax
Sorry, dealt with you in the past and poor response from your agent
Flag Mon Apr 23, 2012
Hi June,

If you haven't found a realtor yet, I would be happy to assist your real estate needs. Feel free to shoot me an email at Natasha.james@c21ag.com or call 267.499.0011. Have a great day!

Natasha James
Hi June,

I am happy to help.

Check my recommendations from previous client here: https://www.zillow.com/profile/Fred-Glick/Reviews/

Call me at 215-852-4469 or email me fred@fredglick.com

Fred
Web Reference: http://fredglick.com