Es, Other/Just Looking in Central Richmond, San...

Richmond District Remodeled Edwardian

Asked by Es, Central Richmond, San Francisco, CA Tue Aug 11, 2009

What do you think a 4 bed 3 bath Edwardian in the Central Richmond district that has been remodeled and updated is worth in today's market?

Answers

6
Laura Lambert’s answer
Your Realtor can give you the best idea about your home’s value and will do a complete market analysis, but here is some information on recent activity of Edwardian homes in Central Richmond: 2 recent Sales and 2 current listings.

$1,250,000 – closed 7/23/09 – Sq Ft not reported - 5 Bd, 3.5BA
Remodeled gourmet kitchen, spacious living & dining rooms, breakfast rm/fmly rm off beautifully landscaped yard, city views on top flr, wood burning fireplace, hardwood flr, elegant moldings, beautiful wood trims and banisters, spacious garage 2 car side by side garage, close to park.

$1,835,000 – closed 5/21/09 – 3,332 SQ FT – 4Bd, 3.5BA
Coveted tree-lined near Golden Gate Park, contemporary remodeling & traditional detailing, high quality appliances, huge gourmet kitchen/family room opening to patio, formal lvng & dng rooms, lower level media/entertainment/family room or aupair suite.

There are also two homes currently listed (both 5BD/3.5BA): one for $1.2MM (2,750 Sq Ft) and one for $1,549,000 (3,074 Sq Ft).

You can also check out my FREE report for your neighborhood at http://www.ViewBayAreaHomes.info (select owner and enter your address for properties around your home; select buyer for homes by zip code)

What's the address? I'll give you an estimate.
It's not accurate unless I see the house, but I would ballpark about $1.4M.

Shaban Shakoori
TRI Coldwell Banker, SF's #1 Office
You can try my home valuation site below - it will ask for the address which may be sufficient to provide a value range. Of course the more details such as those Mary suggests, the better.
Hello Es,
It sounds like you have a very desirable home. You mention that the home is an Edwardian - are the bedrooms (at least 3) on the same level. What is the square footage? What is your yard like? How many parking spaces (garage and driveway) does your home have?
I'm asking these questions because I currently have an Edwardian listing in the Central Richmond district http://(www.630-29thAvenue.com) that has attracted many buyers because of it's size, location and features (such as the 3-bedrooms on one level feature and a walk-out garden). This home needs some updating, but those factors such as location, size and layout, have brought hundreds of potential buyers in to view the home (we received multiple offers after just 6 days on the market). Of those buyers, many are looking for something more "turn-key" and would no doubt be interested to learn more about your home. I would also like to learn more to be able to give you a better idea of a potential price range in today's market.
If you would like a no-strings market analysis of your home and learn about the comparable sales in your neighborhood, please feel free to call me anytime.
Mary Macpherson
Paragon Real Estate Group
415.846.4685
mmacpherson@paragon-re.com
http://www.630-29thAvenue.com
There isn't enough information to give you a realistic answer. Many other criteria such as how was it remodeled, finishes etc all matter. Next the market is not favorable to jumbo loans for homes in the million plus range so it then would depend on how badly you needed to sell and what you paid for it. That would go a long way to determine what to offer it at.
Let's assume you've owned it for decades and need to go quickly it would sell quickly for under a million. If it is tricked out and you could wait for the right buyer it could go for 1.2 or 1.3 or even more if it has views, is on a good block.
You see every home is different in this town. You, the owner can determine the value by looking at homes on the market and paying attention to the sale prices. Comparing your home to the others is the best way to set a value - but we are in a tight money market right now so that affects the sale timeline.
Jed Lane; Fog…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA