Czahl, Home Owner in Coconut Grove, FL

Relocating and need some advice, or thoughts, or experiences with selling my home fast.

Asked by Czahl, Coconut Grove, FL Tue May 10, 2011

I need to relocate on short notice and want to make sure I have a place to end up in before committing to selling this place. Anybody have any thoughts or steps or solutions? Thanks, anything would help at this point.

Answers

6
Hello Czahl! Thank you for your Trulia inquiry.

If you are on the move and need to sell, our team developed a program that's designed for you. Our Sellers Security Plan is an innovative program that gives qualified consumers who are accepted into the plan, the assurance your home will sell within a finite sales period. If it doesn't sell by a set time, ERA Franchise Systems LLC will buy it from you.

You will know up front what you will be paid for your home (between 80 and 90% of the appraised value.)

The Sellers Security Plan makes it easier to relocate for work or to move to a new home in a new development, a retirement community or an assisted living facility. Plus, in addition to the contract to sell your home to ERA Franchise Systems LLC, your home is still on the market and if you receive another offer, you can accept it. And you can opt-out of your listing agreement with us within 21 days of being notified if you do not qualify for the Sellers Security Plan.

Knowing your home will sell puts you in a strong negotiating position for your next home purchase.

To qualify, you need to:

-Market your home through ERA Gold Star Property.
-Obtain a home inspection and home appraisal.
-Agree to reduce the list price of your property at certain intervals during the finite selling period.
-Purchase your next home through ERA Real Estate. (Exception are military moving into base housing,
those purchasing new construction as the result of a referral to agent from the builder, those moving into a
senior living facility as a result of a referral to agent from the facility.)
-Have a minimum of 20% gross equity in the property, or the necessary funds available for closing with ERA
Franchise Systems LLC.
-Be current on all mortgages. You will be responsible for mortgage payments and maintenance on the
property until closing.

Your home must meet these requirements:

-Be a single-family primary residence. Townhomes and condominiums qualify. The property can be vacant
when applying for the program but cannot be rented during the SSP listing period.
-Be valued between $50,000 and $750,000. (Maximum appraised values are based upon local statistics.
Properties valued in the top 20% of sales per prior 12-month MLS data for town, city, or zip code do not
qualify.)
-Be marketable.
-The condition and appeal must meet or surpass typical buyer expectations for the area and price range.
-Be located in your broker's primary marketplace.
-Meet absorption rate criteria. (The absorption rate (the approximate time it takes for a property to be sold) in
the area in which the house is being sold must be 15 months or less.)

For more details give us a call at 786-704-8482 or visit our website http://www.OnePlaceOpenHouse.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 10, 2011
Czahl,

I have been on real estare 14 years and have sold over 650 properties.

It comes down to advertising and price. One you control one the agent controls.

Price it in the middle of the comp range and clean it up. and you will sell it as long as you hire an agent that works for a living in real estate.

Good Luck

Kevin Cloutier
Soutrhern Premier Realty
Good morning! I would need more information but just as general rule my advice is to get your home on the market as soon as possible. Consult with a Realtor first that has a track record in Coconut Grove. (That would be me!) I will advice you about any "sprucing up" you need to do to get it ready to show. I will also bring with me comparable of properties active, pending and recently sold.
Once we secure a buyer and the financing and inspection contingencies are lifted you can feel free to committ to buying a new home. We can always ask the buyer for a long colosing or in some cases you can lease the house back from them until you move to your new house.
I hope this was helpful..Call/text me anytime at 305.992.2211 or email sylviacherry@aol.com
If you are moving to an area you are already familiar with, then start checking out specific neighborhoods. If you have to wait for your current home to sell, then this gives you a great opportunity to check out various neighborhoods and property sales. If you don't have to wait to buy, then connect with a local Realtor who knows the market well. If you don't know the area well - consider renting for a year, to give you time to investigate the area fully.

In the meantime, at your current home - clean, paint, de-clutter, spruce up the landscaping, replace old door and window hardware, make it shine! You have 3 seconds to make a good impression on a buyer, so make it count! Your home will sell faster if it invites buyers in to take a look inside.
Czahl before you place you home for sale you need to prepare it for sale and price it correctly. As to looking for a home elsewhere and making sure you have somewhere to move to, get yourself pre-approved for a mortgage first, best is with a local mortgage provider in the area you are relocating to, and search the internet to see what areas you like before looking for an agent, then try to find an agent who specialises in that area with buyers. Good luck.
Good morning!
hope this email finds you well!

Where are you relocating to? And for how long? Are you thinking of selling or would renting make more economical sense?

There are a lot of questions that need answers before I or anybody else can give you constructive advice.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Manon