Cavine, Home Buyer in Bel Air, MD

Redeemable water/sewer lien?

Asked by Cavine, Bel Air, MD Wed Feb 20, 2013

I went to the Twp water/sewer dept and notified them that I was moving out of my home. Told them I could no longer afford to keep the home. I signed the paper to turn off the water/sewer and the date. They sent a final bill, which I paid by check. A few months later, I got another bill. I called and was told that I would continue to receive bills until the service was turned on in the new homeowner's name. Then came another bill for $534. I took the cancelled check that I had paid the final bill into my attorney's office. I'm in the Short Sale from Hell and now I find there is a Redeemable water Lien on the property. How can this be when I paid a final bill and the service was disconnected?

Answers

2
For some reason, I show up as in Bel Air, MD. I'm actually in NJ. I've asked my attorney but got no answer as to why this Remeemable water lien is on the property. The last time we spoke, he had sent a fax to the water/sewer dept for clarification, but I've heard nothing since. This was about 2 weeks ago. I just never heard of a Redeemable lien.
Not sure why this came up in New Jersey. Try reposting the question in Maryland.

also ask your attorney