Home Selling in Las Vegas>Question Details

Justin C Mor…, Real Estate Pro in Saint George, UT

Recommendation on a "flat fee" listing brokerage/service for Las Vegas MLS area?

Asked by Justin C Morgan, Saint George, UT Mon Aug 13, 2012

What I mean by "flat fee" are agents or brokers that provide the service of loading a home on the MLS for a "flat fee".

I'm a licensed Realtor in Utah and I need to get a property on the MLS locally.

I can handle my own negotiations and offers.

Any suggestions on companies or agents looking to make a few bucks and load info on the MLS? I'm willing to pay $300-$500 for the agent to load the needed info and pictures. All they need to do is place MY contact info in the private listing remarks.

I understand all you "traditional agent" hate this... sorry. I can represent myself just fine... so please save the lecture. If you can help or provide a recommendation that is what I need?

Thanks Much!!!

Answers

13
Wow . That is a great deal of liability for $300-$500. Will you do that for me on a property in Utah?
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
Yes I will... if you are the DIY (do it yourself) type then by all means I am here to assist you. I am NOT interested in holding onto "sacred cows". After all if I need full service then I'll pay for it, but if I need exposure locally for 1 hour of your time then 3% is a little crazy.
Flag Thu Aug 15, 2013
Colleen Kelly, Home Owner, Las Vegas, NV
I'm not an agent, but I tried a flat fee service on my home in California and it was a disaster. I paid a lot more than $300-500 to sell my home (went through Help U Sell, later realized why people call it "Hope U Sell").
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 7, 2013
In nearly three months, no direct reply to Justin's question about MLS flat fee brokers. They do exist because they must use their MLS membership to get on the listing service. Am I surprised about this lack of direct response to his question? Of course not; although I was thinking the same thing with my home in North Summerlin.

In other words, why pay 3% for a facilitator when the buyer's agent is doing all the work seeking out properties for their clients? I would rather pay 3 1/2% to a buyer's commission and bypass the listing agent. Any takers? The price of the home will be about $1.4 million (based on recent comps in the Canyons area of Summerlin e.g. 89144
I'm not an agent, but I tried a flat fee service on my home in California and it was a disaster. I paid a lot more than $300-500 to sell my home (went through Help U Sell, later realized why people call it "Hope U Sell"). LOL

Justin - as a successful agent you understand the value that a good real estate agent can provide. I would suggest that you adjust your expectation and list with me.
http://www.danrivera.com
Alot of self-serving replies, but no real answer to his question! Why is that?
When choosing a self MLS listing service, make sure you:
1. Call them--Calling the broker is an excellent way to see how responsive and helpful they are. If you always go to voicemail, that speaks loudly to their responsiveness,
2. Check their background-the Better Business Bureau website is an excellent place to check (put the company name in at http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Business-Reviews/), and
3. Make sure they guarantee in writing that you will be listed in the Realtors MLS used by all the agents in the Las Vegas Metro Area.
4. Check online review websites for negative reviews or compliments from satisfied customers. Put the company name into http://www.google.com/local Any established company should have at least a handful of positive reviews.

Avoid the lowest price self listing brokers, there are some very questionable self listing websites out there, and if you research them you will find out why. My website has links to reputable brokers in 48 states as well. Good luck with your home sale.
I'm not an agent, but I tried a flat fee service on my home in California and it was a disaster. I paid a lot more than $300-500 to sell my home (went through Help U Sell, later realized why people call it "Hope U Sell"). Their inexperience and lack of initiative cost me ten times over what I would have paid a professional real estate company. I will never do that again. Plus any agent that is still in the business after all the housing chaos is probably going to be a much higher caliber. Funny thing is I haven't seen any signs for those flat fee companies since the housing crash. I guess they all went out of business. Personally I hope I never seen one of those flat fee companies again.
Hi Justin,

If you have not already sold the house, it is very possible that I have a buyer and your request does not even need to be discussed. I have many listings and as a result, many buyers who I am having difficulty finding homes for as we have a shortage at this time.

Jennifer Pitterle, Realtor,
Realty One Group
Certified Short Sale Professional
ABR,BS,CRS,CSP,GRI

10750 W. Charleston Blvd #180
Las Vegas NV 89135

Direct: 702-396-4870 | Cell: 702-806-8206 | Fax: 702-441-0402
Josh, am I correct to assume you have a property in Las Vegas that you wish to sell here in Las Vegas? If so, email me and we can discuss your options. BZisk@aol.com
Let the lecturing begin!

I'll spare you my 2 cents worth except to say, that I gladly hired a local agent when I sold a property of mine in Utah...and NY...and even Reno, NV (even though I have a Nevada license). Each of those agents were well worth every cent of the fees they charged.

That said, send me address and any pics you have...I might have a buyer for you before you even get it on the mls and save you the $500 to boot.
What is a good email address for you?
Flag Thu Sep 6, 2012
Hi, Justin...we might be able to help. Give us a shout if interested:

http://lvpropertysearch.com/category/las-vegas-rent-to-own-homes
Thats where the favors come in...LOL...!!
No Hate here........

Who knows....I might need a favor in Utah some day.....

Give me a call when you get a chance and we'll work out the details....

Hank Lauzon III

Exit Las Vegas Realty Center
6600 W. Charleston #119
Las Vegas, Nv 89146

Cell 702-449-0899
Office 702-949-2409
Fax 702-543-6844

Web : http://www.HanksLVRealestate.com

Email: HankLVRealestate@aol.com

Never look down on anybody...unless you're helping them up.