Home Selling in Philadelphia>Question Details

philly, Home Seller in Philadelphia, PA

Question about finding a short sale specialist in Philadelphia

Asked by philly, Philadelphia, PA Tue Apr 2, 2013

currently working with an agent as a traditional sale but may need to go short sale route (mtg is FHA). Not totally comfortable with agent's experience with short sale, looking for a short sale specialist when we re-list. Suggestions?

Help the community by answering this question:


Your very first step is to sit down with a realtor. The realtor will help guide you through the process and explain what to do in terms of contacting your lending.

I personally have a short sale specialist that works with me and my team once I put the house on the market. It can be a long process but with the right team guiding you; you will end up with a successful short sale.

Sheri Curci
Remax Properties
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 8, 2013

Great question by the way... You need to first have a conversation with this agent explaining your feelings and concerns. If the agent doesn't have the experience working with short sales, they should have no problem telling you and understanding as well as respecting your feelings and concerns and letting you out of your listing contract if they do not have experience with short sales.

You can also go to their broker of record by calling the office and asking to speak with him/her. You can explain your feelings and they should have no problem letting you out of your listing contract. You always have the right to fire your broker. If they do have the experience you seek, perhaps you can allow them to continue working for you.

If in the future, you have a need for an agent who does have the experience you seek with short sales, I would love to talk to you. Feel free to contact me by email, reneeporsia@mac.com or my direct line 215-669-0589.

Renée Porsia
Associate Broker
Prudential Fox and Roach
Proudly servicing all of Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery Counties for over 13 years! http://www.reneeporsia.com
215-669-0589 Direct
610-527-0900 Ask for Renée
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
I have the CDPE & SFR designations, and I work with short sales on a regular basis. Do some research on short sales and then quiz your agent on their knowledge. Your agent may suprise you and know more about the process than he/she has expressed.

If you are still unsure give me a call to discuss the sale of your home.

Thank you,


Keller Williams Real Estate-Langhorne
584 Middletown Blvd Ste A50
Langhorne, Pa 19047
215-840-8019 Cell
215-757-6100 ext: 146 Office
215-359-0279 eFax

"Call me... if you know of anyone who is looking to Buy, Sell or Invest in Real Estate anywhere in the United States... I can help them"

If you, or anyone you know is facing Foreclosure call me. In most cases I can stop the Foreclosure.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
I have done many short sales and listed foreclosures. Please call me so we can discuss your particular situation.

I do not charge any extra for negotiating for you. I also own a mortgage company and the package for the bank is very similar.

You can reach me at 2152389400 to talk details with no obligation.


Fred Glick

Broker/Owner, Multi-state Licensed Real Estate Brokerage U S Spaces, Inc.
Managing Member, NMLS Certified Mortgage Brokerage U S Loans Mortgage LLC

215.238.9400 East Coast
415.683.6950 West Coast


2043 Locust Street Phila, PA 19103 215.829.8850 x201
4354 Perlita Ave Los Angeles, CA 90039 310-741-7179

Licensed Real Estate Broker PA- U S Spaces, Inc.
Real Estate Broker, CA Dept of Real Estate DRE#01507615
NJ Licensed Real Estate Salesperson- U S Spaces

U S Loans Mortgage LLC #51022
Licensed by the Commonwealth of PA Department of Banking,
Virginia State Corporations Commission, License #MC-4943, State of Florida
California licensed with Signet Mortgage, NMLS# 168365, DRE#01403423
Personal Virginia Mortgage License #MLO-523VA
NMLS Test Certified National License #133975
http://usloans.com for live rates and online mortgage application
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
As your reply from Ca recomends look on the internet but you should ask questions of agents. Please call me in my office so I can answer all you questions at the same time. Yes i'm very contable doing Short Sales. The major difference between a non short sale and short sale is that the agent must be able to teach you what you need to do and when you need to do it. As of today I'm closing two short sales this month both my listings. The most important thing is that once you list with an agent and received an offer he must be able to work with the bank. You need to TALK with me either on the phone or in person before you relist. I have to wait till after your present listing is expired. 215-725-5700 X49
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Check out the CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert) site. Agents who have this designation have gone several steps to learn and work with short sales. Furthermore, they tap other CDPE for help.


You can also check out Short Sale Superstars. We have members posting information on various lenders, challenges they have faced and how they were resolved.


Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer