Home Selling in Calico Farms>Question Details

Bernadine, Home Owner in Calico Farms, Kansas...

Public records has my home info incorrect. We're trying to sell (by owner). Do I need to contact someone to get the incorrect info changed? If

Asked by Bernadine, Calico Farms, Kansas City, MO Fri Nov 18, 2011

so who? One website has details on our home, listing as "last sold in 1997", while others have it (accurately) as "last sold 2002." All of them say we have 2 bedrooms, when in fact public records should say 3, and a previous owner converted the family room into a 4th bedroom. I'm not looking for a seller's agent, just want info on how to get public records to be correct.
For any of you realtors who have someone interested in investing, our duplex (our half) would rent out VERY easily (we've had tons of calls asking if we'd be willing to rent). If you are interested in more info, reply to this question with contact info and a request for more info on buying our half of a duplex.

Help the community by answering this question:


I have seen this quite often; public records are notoriously inaccurate:
I would suggest that you not worry about it;
A Buyer will see the errors when they visit the house, you will document them in the Contract, and the Title Company will correct the County Records when the Title goes thru.
All you care about is that the prospective buyers know about the errors.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 21, 2011
We have decided to hold off contacting the county assessor for now. Thanks to you all for your helpful information. We will probably just let it be resolved after selling, when the title goes through. I don't think resolving it now will necessarily help us sell.
God bless!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 28, 2011
Well, how did you make out? It's always nice to hear an update.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 28, 2011
Bernadine, you need to go to the County Recorder's office.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 25, 2011
I would go find your local assessor's office and get it straighten out.
I'm sure they would be glad to resolve this issue.

God Bless You,
Jerry Weichelt-Realtor
Century 21 Whitney Agency Inc.
1605 S. Baltimore Suite A
Kirksville, MO. 63501
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 21, 2011
Call the assessor's office as mentioned below. That's where these public websites pull info from. Just keep in mind, it takes a while to get the records update everywhere online.
The Marie Souza Team - Top Selling on Cape Cod
Cape Cod Real Estate Services
Phone: 508-790-2000
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
Go visit your County Assessor's office and share your inaccuracies with them. They want the records to be accurate so they can assess your property taxes correctly. Send me more information on your property and I'll share with my investor clients.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
Bernadine -

I suggest you contact your assessors office for the town/county you live in. If the sites you are referring to are pulling public records they would be coming from the assessor.
Web Reference: http://www.UCtheOzarks.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 18, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer