Dianeh, Home Seller in 08648

Property taxes that were forgotten on a HUD-1

Asked by Dianeh, 08648 Mon Apr 12, 2010

attorney made a "human error" and forgot to put unpaid real estate taxes on the HUD-1. I had every reason to believe that when title changed hands on that day that all monies were paid and my mortgage company who was always responsible for my property taxes paid any property taxes due. What is my defense? Can I be sued almost a year later for human error? They buyers real estate taxes were paid by their attorney who made the "human error" and even though he charged them title insurance on the HUD-1 he is stating that he had to pay it out of his pocket because it was an uninsurable claim? If I was going to take another $5,000 hit on the HUD-1 I wouldn't have sold the house for the price I did. I lost money on the sale as it was. Please help with my defense.

Answers

1
This is a situation you really need to discuss with your attorney, he/she can best advise you--