Home Selling in Warsaw>Question Details

cynwest222, Other/Just Looking in Warsaw, MO

Private Road agreements

Asked by cynwest222, Warsaw, MO Mon May 21, 2012

We have many lake properties for sale in our area, however we don't have in place a road maintenance agreement. DO you have tips on what property owners need to know that can help buyers in purchasing properties in local communities Lake of the Ozarks , Benton County

Help the community by answering this question:


Ideally you and your neighbors could create a road agreement and have it recorded. An association could be created if one does not exist so there are people managing the roads. It would take a certain number of property owners to accomplish this, but well worth it for re-sale on your homes. Government subsidized loans won't work on properties without road agreements. Works the same for unrecorded well agreements.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 1, 2012
Hi- We have an informal association that voted in to formalize the road agreement. We have created the legal document and need an attorney to review. Any recommendations on someone who can do this reasonably?
Flag Sun May 31, 2015
Most of the lake properties are in resort areas which have their own restrictions, by-laws, etc. These should be available from the officers of your association. If you are a property owner, do you pay association dues? These usually cover road maintenance. If you do not pay dues, who has been maintaining your roads? In some small areas, it is just done by a volunteer living in the area who may ask property owners to donate toward the expense. Each area has its own rules or maybe no written rules. This is a very good reason to work with a professional realtor who can assist and advise a seller in any representations to buyers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 21, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer