Anthony Parr…, Home Owner in Oklahoma City, OK

Priced to High??

Asked by Anthony Parrish, Oklahoma City, OK Tue Jun 26, 2012

I have a home that was built in 2007 and the state says its worth $126K but its not getting any attention at $112K. I was passed over for a smaller less attractive house for a couple thousand less. My house is beautiful and I have a big yard whats the problem?

Answers

7
John Phillips’ answer
Hi Anthony:

It looks like you have your home listed with Keller-Williams North West: You might need your Realtor get with First Mortgage and do a Short Sale to help you out. This seems to be your best avenue:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 26, 2012
Hello Anthony,

Have you had many viewings?

Generally speaking if a home shows well and is getting viewings but no offers, it is most likely priced too high.

If you are not willing to lower your price perhaps you can offer some buyer incentives: closing cost credit, or include appliances ect..

Keep in mind if you are priced too high you are actually helping those smaller less attractive homes sale.

Best of Luck to you,

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Have you asked your realtor to provide you with data on the comparible homes in your neighborhood? He/she can check active, pending and sold properties within the last 6 months to a year on houses similar to yours (s/f, number of bedrooms and baths, etc.) and e-mail you a report that gives you information on the final sales price and number of days it took to sell the houses like yours. This will give you an idea of what to expect. You might also ask your realtor to send you the link for homes on the MLS that are similar which would allow you to see the photo gallery of similar homes and get a visual of how your home compares.

That being said, the bottom line is that your house will sell for what the buyers are willing to pay in the current market regardless of what the comps indicate.

Hope this helps.
Christie Baker
Kevo Properties
OKC (405 922 5154)
Maybe the buyers didn't want a big yard, big house and hefty mortgage. My parents asked us if we wanted to buy their house. Huge house and yard. It's only the two of us and we travel. I want a small house.

I just found an inexpensive house that I can close off a wing. We only need extra space during holidays. It's also mid-century modern with hand-built cabinets. It doesn't show well, but I see beauty in this place. I've looked at 50-60 houses. This is the first house I want to make an offer.

It's about size, layout, style and I've seen so many houses jam-packed with people's stuff and weird stuff. I'll never forget the house that had the floor cut out of a closet, a full bath next to the front door and laundry in the hallway. Beautiful house, from the outside. Everything was "oh, no..."; inside.
Hi Anthony,
The only way to get a fair assessment of your property is to look at the comps. This doesn't always mean you will get that price! There are three factors in selling a property price, condition and location. If you want I can send you some comps in the addition and help you sell your property quicker! Good luck! Joanna Haley
Keller Williams NW
570-2337
Anthony,

If you provide the Home's address and your email address, other Realtors can send you their Market Analysis packets, too.

Josh Barnett, Realtor
Metro First Realty
Web Reference: http://www.1ListingFee.com
If you want to send me the address, I'll run the comps for you.

Bridgett Wells
651-9320
bridgettwells@kw.com
I have it priced 2 or 3 dollars more a square foot than most but its 1 of the best kept, newest and best looking in the neighborhood and it has 2 extra lots that makes lots of play area. 636 nw 110th st okc 73114, 3 bed 2 bath 1486 sf, new low-e vinyl windows, insulated garage door, new roof in 2 weeks, many beautiful updates, and trying to sell for $112000...just wanted to see if there was a big dark cloud over my house
Flag Tue Jun 26, 2012