Ads2, Real Estate Pro in Charlottesville, VA

Price is right, pictures are beautiful, house has had 27 showings, one offer/contract which fell through because of an un-approved final loan...

Asked by Ads2, Charlottesville, VA Thu May 31, 2012

commitment..what do I have to do to get this house sold before end of summer? Please help. Its a gorgeous, spacious house in a wonderful quiet subdivision in a great school district. The realtor is wonderful. Nothing more that she can do, she is doing everything.

Answers

7
Keep the price where it is and offer closing costs to a buyer, or a home warranty if there is some age on it. Also, raise the selling commission to 4% on the buying side and take 2% on the list side. Or just offer a selling bonus to the agent that brings an acceptable contract by a certain date. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 31, 2012
27 showings and an offer, not too bad and you seem to be happy with all other that is related to marketing and selling your home, you know patience may be all you need and the one right buyer
who is pre-approved with a nice size down payment.....

May be they are like a needle in a haystack..... So all you and your Realtor can do, is make it easy to be shown, and spread the word as best as your Realtor is able to do.....

May be an incentive for the buyer to pay some of the closing costs for the buyer, may help
some buyers, but then they are also not the ones with the nice size down payment.

You could try some curb appeal changes if that is possible it sounds that all is perfect just the perfect buyer has not yet shown up.... Now you say the price is right, may be reducing it to another level
will bring in a different group of buyers.

Let's say you are listed at 355 K and now you are going down to 349 if before buyers or their agents were looking for 350 to 450 K now that you are at 349 You will get a new group looking
in the 250 to 350 or 300 to 350 range, just an example of course discuss it with your Realtor
and trust her advice she knows what is going on in your neighborhood, also if new homes have
come on the market may be you want to have a look at them with her, to determine if you are
still priced right or let's say competitively....

Good Luck to you, you seem to be sellers wonderful to work with and you seem to appreciate your Realtor and all she is doing to get your home sold. Good for you both :)

EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
@Properties North Shore, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Il. 60093
covering the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs and the fine homes of the North Shore
Edith always works in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike and she certainly goes the x-tra Mile with a Smile for all her clients with experience and market expertise

Have a wonderful Day!
Price is right according to who, I would disagree that price is right based on 27 showings and only one offer. This is all is true about the house being as nice as indicated, but without further info it is hard to say. Look at the current solds and what the current listings are in the area and that will determine if your price is right.
Based on current market analysis, size of home and amenities, comparison of homes in area that have sold....the realtor did her homework. All persons who saw the home that gave feedback said the home was at market value.
Flag Fri Jun 1, 2012
496069 is the MLS number.
I can not just speculate without more information. How about sharing an address or MLS #?

well priced homes in excellent shape are certainly moving in our market, but listings are still coming on the market steadily. Check link for just listed in area

Best of luck
I feel your pain. I've experienced this with some of my listings. Lots of showings, positive feedback, priced well. A few negatives, but nothing terrible. Time for "non-traditional" ways to sell a house...you could offer buyer incentives (offer $X toward closing costs -- but make it a meaningful amount). You could try agent incentives (extra $1,000 bonus if under contract by XX date) etc. Or the really non-traditional stuff...plant a St. Joseph in the yard, hire a medium or "shaman" to detox the house and get rid of evil spirits & energy, or hire a feng shui expert! I know it sounds crazy, but you'd be surprised. I've heard of agents & sellers swear by some of these things.
A friend of my dads swears by the St. Joseph statue.....its worth a try I guess. ;0)
Flag Thu May 31, 2012
You can try to slightly lower the price (if you're in a hurry to sell) otherwise if you believe the price is right, the house is advertised properly etc, simply wait for the right buyer. You may ask your listing agent, what is an average time the property stays on the market before it actually sells (in your neighborhood). There are areas that selling activity is slower than in the others.
Good luck with selling your home!