Barbara Good, Both Buyer and Seller in Chicago, IL

Poss buyers have asked what is my mortgage bal and mo pmt-is this normal info for a seller to give?

Asked by Barbara Good, Chicago, IL Fri Mar 27, 2009

I have a FSBO condo and the last 2 callers-prospective buyers-have asked what I owed and how much were my monthly pmts. I don't think this is info they need. Were the just fishing to see if I might be in foreclosure and would sell really low? I don't mind buyers asking for info-HOA, taxes, etc. but this seems to be a little much? What is appriate?

Answers

1
One of many advantages of working with a realtor is that they can field such phone calls and handle them appropriately. Do you have an online presence to sell your home? What are you doing to market your home? Do you have relationships with other realtors who would be happy to bring a buyer to put an offer on your home?

Did you know that the owner of http://www.forsalebyowner.com failed at selling his home FSBO and eventually hired a realtor that successfully sold his home.