Home Selling in Burbank>Question Details

Dave B, Home Seller in Burbank, CA

Pictures of Home

Asked by Dave B, Burbank, CA Mon Aug 23, 2010

I noticed my property doesn't have pic's on this web site or zillow. I am wondering is this a big deal ? I am feeling like my agent really dropped the ball. I emailed her about it, the property has been on the market over 2 months.

Answers

14
If your Realtor® promised to market online, I would assume that posting pictures of the property would be included. You should definitely contact him/her and ask what was the reason for not posting for over 2 months. Like others have said, quite a number of people will bypass your listing if there isn't anything to see. A picture is worth a thousand views!!!
Dave
In most cases the Realtor's broker is actually the source of the photos. Depending upon how the broker organizes their business on the technology side, your Realtor may not be at fault.

Some suggestions:
1. type your property address in google. This will give you a really good picture of where you property is being marketed, and how extensively.
2. You sound frustrated, so a couple of ideas:
a) Inventory levels have jumped in Burbank to 5.1 months of inventory. To give you some perspective, back in December it was 2.2 months, the low point for the last 12 months. This means that at the end of July there were 256 properties on the market, and 51 sold during the month, so that is where we get the 5.1 months.
b) A properly priced and marketed home can expect 10-12 showings or one offer in the first two weeks on the market. In most cases the only way the seller can get the most money is if the property sells within 30 days, because the longer the listing sits on the market, the greater the gap between asking price and selling price.
c) Unfortunately, only about 20-25% of listings sell in the first 30 days. That means the rest of the listings sit there, selling in 60, 90, 120 or more days. The other way to look at this is that 75-80% of the listings are overpriced.

So, if you are not seeing showing activity, lower the price.
If you are seeing showing activity, but no offers, lower the price.

Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
A picture is worth a 1000 words and the saying is spot on when it comes to showcasing a home for sale. Your internet presence on the web is a big part or selling a home in today's market and without pictures or even virtual tour, your home might get overlooked by many prospective buyers.
Dave

Your home should be professionally photographed front to back. Almost all buyers prescreen any home they look at by seeing it online. Even most open house visitors look the homes over before coming for a look. If you don't have great photos and a Virtual tour you're missing most of the market.

Best of luck in your home sale and The Foggs are ALWAYS Available.

Take care,

David Fogg
818-239-3514
Hi Dave 1

Happy Sunday !

I would defiantly tell your agent to put multiple pictures of your home in the mls & on line,a lot of buyers won't even look at homes with out any pictures ! The more the better !! Good Luck !!
Have you looked on these real estate sites and looked at other houses? Which ones do you look at? The ones with the best and most pictures. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words and in today’s market you need pictures, Virtual Tours, Cell phone signs for Texting the information, Open houses, Internet exposure as a featured listing. If your home isn’t being advertised this way then you are missing a lot of potential buyers. I do not know what kind of listing you signed with your agent but if she is not effectively advertising your property then you can cancel the listing and call a different, more concerned agent that will earn your business.

With this property being so long on the market without any pictures it kind of dropped to the bottom of the list. You will have to take pictures and reduce the price even if just for $10.00 dollars but this will cause the property to jump back out in front again so everyone can see it. If your agent does not know how to do this I am sure there are a few well qualified agents out there that can step up and get the job done.

James Sanchez
Broker / Realtor

Pacifix Realty
3500 W. Olive 3rd floor
Burbank CA 91505
818-504-2569
Lic# 01436395
Dave,
Our market research shows that the first two weeks are the most important for a listing. After that the interest really drops off quickly. I have several buyers and the first thing they do in looking for a property is to give me the specifics about what they are looking for in a home. Things like number of bedrooms or baths or square footage. Then the filter I set on the MLS sends them only the properties that have those qualities. At that point, the pictures are the deciding factor as to whether they are interested or not. After that first look from the filter and pictures, if they pass on a home they usually don't go back and look at them again. So, by not being diligent on putting the pictures, you may have lost out on a lot of buyers. If I were you, I too would be concerned. The only thing you can do now to attract those buyers back is to drop the price. Then it would show up again through the MLS filters.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594
tommy.lee@dilbeck.com
323-821-2292
говорю порусскии
Dave,

I would definitely check with your agent. If the feed is the problem then a manual upload is the answer, pictures are usually up within a day.

Pictures are a big deal, especially if your home is completely remodeled and gorgeous inside, as that will generate interest in your property.

But more important than pictures is price. If your property is overpriced that will limit the amount of buyers that will look at it.

Given that there is more inventory on the market, pricing becomes that much more important in getting your home sold. I would review the current active, pending and sold properties with your agent so you can evaluate your current price point.
Definitely check with your listing agent, and if the pictures are not posted within 72 hours, I’d suggest you go with someone who is better qualified to serve you. Your agent represents you and your best interest, and should be performing duties according to your agreement.

Mike Yun, Broker
Jameson Real Estate
(414) 526-8998
Hi Dave,
It is possible that the feed is the issue. The MLS links to several on line sites and should have been pulled directly from the MLS. Nonetheless, you will want to have your agent manually upload the photos onto these other sites. It is very easy to do.
Call your agent and have her do above, that way the photos will be on these two sites. Zillow will post immediately, Trulia may take 24 hrs before the pics show up.
The MLS link she sent me via email has pic's ....

Trulia has NO pic's & Zillow has NO pic's

Zip has pic's

I am really pee'd off and trying to not make a rash judgment, but I can't understand how this could happen.
Hi Dave,
Photos are a huge part of seling a home in any market because over 78% of buyers begin their home search online. Photos give the buyers an overall view of what the home looks like, condition and any other features and/or amenities that a buyer may be looking for. Pictures and virtual tours are very important and our agent MLS makes it easy for an agent to simply upload it them when the actual listing is input in the system.
Many homes have been sold via photos alone but please note that pricing, location and other factors still apply. The first step to any sale is getting interest aroused and photos and marketing does exactly that ~ it draws a buyer in, hopefully to make the call and view the home which in turn may make the sale. Photos are one of the many marketing steps to selling your home, it is one aspect that should not be overlooked..
Call your agent again and voice your concern.
Good luck! I sincerely hope this info has been helpful.
Dave,
Do you know if your property has photos on the Multiple Listing Service? Sites like Trulia and Zillow often receive their property information from a "feed" from the MLS. If you do have photos in the MLS, but not here, perhaps something is wrong with the "feed." If that's the case, your agent can load photos herself directly to Trulia.

These days, with the majority of Buyers starting their property search online, it's important to have a lot of good photos to stimulate the Buyers' interest. Photos and virtual tours are a major online marketing tool. You said you e-mailed your agent. If she does not respond to your request for photos, you may want to ask her broker to step in and help.

Good luck with your sale.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.
Pictures are worth a million words... you definately want pictures with your listing. Your listing agent can simply log on and add pictures to your listings here and over at Zillow. You should check your MLS listing as well as most listings are picked up from MLS and added here, you may be missing pictures there as well.