Home Selling in Two Rivers>Question Details

Kay, Home Seller in 54241

Our house was on the market with a realtor for 1 1/2 Yrs and didn't sell,Help Kay

Asked by Kay, 54241 Mon Oct 13, 2008

We have a 4 bdr. cape cod in two rivers, wi on the eastside close to the lake i have seen houses around that have been selling, we want to sell because my MS is making it difficult to do household things with the stairs and all, so should we wait until the housing market improves or go ahead and list again ? HELP

Rosie - this question was asked in 2008
Houses in Two Rivers are selling , try another realtor. I live on the eastside and just love it. Just listed a house 2 wks ago and have an offer already .
check under the question to see when it was posted!
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014

As you are painfully aware, this is a difficult time to have a home on the market to sell. Today's buyers are definitly looking for the best deals they can find and are often hesitant because of the fear of declining values and the risk involved.

Unless you are prepared to price your home aggressively low to be able to compete with the multitudes of short sales and foreclosures, you would probably be best not to relist at this time.

Unfortunately, to wait out a "declining" market may mean your home could sell for less than if it were priced right in today's market.

The Eckler Team
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 30, 2008
As the answers have told you below there are only two reason a home does not sell - Price and Marketing.

PRICING - If you price a home correctly it will sell. When I made that statement once someone said to me "Don't be so stupid! What if the house doesn't have a roof?" To which I answered "If you price it right someone will buy it and put a roof on it". The point is you need to look at the pricing of you home in terms of what the market will allow for your house in its current condition (which may be excellent) and not what you need to get. Ask several agents for their opinions of the market price and make them show you similar homes that have sold and the prices they actually sold for. Then look at homes currently for sale (they are your competition) and see where you need to be priced to be competitive with them.

If you have done all that then the problem may be the marketing

MARKETING - Did you see you home advertised. Was the info correct. Did you have any showings from other real estate agents (not just your agent or your agent's company). Was you home available on the internet? Your want to be sure you agent is using all possible options to advertise your home. You want to be sure other real estate companies are seeing your home listing and showing their buyers through.

I hesitate to say this because it sounds self-serving as a Realtor but truly in most cases the reason a home does not sell is it is not priced competitively. There are cases where the agent is neglecting their jobs but that is the exception rather than the rule.

If you put all these pieces of the puzzle together correctly your home should sell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 29, 2008
It comes down to Price, Product (your home) or Pitch (the marketing.) Any ANY market, a home properly priced and properly marketed will swll within 45 days. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
The Hagley G…, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
I would be happy to come out to view your property and give you my honest opinion of what you could do different to finally get it sold. Often some simple changes can make a big difference. Go to my web site or call me directly at (920)377-1948. or http://www.AmyGutschow.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Did you get any showings in the 1 1/2 that your home was on the market? Did the agent give you any feed back on what the buyers said about your home? If you heard any feed back where you able to correct any issues they might of had? I always make sure my sellers get feed back. If we can fix something we do. If it is a location issues we can't move the home we have to price it with that in mind. Maybe find an agent that works with a home stager. I offer it to all of my listings. Have you seen the inside of the homes that have sold? Find an agent that will work with you to help you find out why others have sold and yours hasn't. Some times agents don't want to upset the sellers but if you understand they are just trying to help you sell and have an open mind to suggestions that might work.
Web Reference: http://debbyrealtor.com
Your problems are probabily one of two things. either price or your realtor. First your house needs to be priced at what market prices are. A brokers price oppinion can tell you what similar homes have sold for in your area. As well if you are or were priced right you need an aggressive agent who will advertise and market the property to attract the potential buyers who will be the ones looking at your house and making you an offer. start with looking for a new realtor, find one who will meet your goals.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com