Loretta Lief…, Home Seller in 91730

Our home is located directly on the 6th green of Red Hill Country Club golf course, with gate access. There

Asked by Loretta Liefveld, 91730 Mon Jul 27, 2009

are only 28 homes located directly on the course, and of those only 4 have gate access. Only 2 are located directly on a green. These particular features are highly coveted by current and prospective Red Hill Country Club members. But since they are so specific, with very few homes having these features, how can I determine their value for the asking price of our home?

Answers

8
Teresa Mejia’s answer
This certainly will add value to your home. With some research, with resources on realtors have, a realtor could find out what the added value is and show you the research. The agent would price the home a little lower then the research show to get more activity on the property, Once the special features are shown then you would get multiple offers over the asking price. If you would like to see the research or have any other question please feel free to contact. My office is in Rancho Cucamonga, but I would be happy to come to you.

Teresa Mejia
DRE#01775721
Intero Real Estate Services
Rancho Cucamonga
909-721-7679
Teresa.inter@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
I'm curious. Are these homes located in Red Hill North? I've sold many homes in Red Hill North and also lived there myself at one time. All of those homes are located on and around the beautiful course. I know that there are golf cart access gates at either end of the development within the main security gate access to the community.

If this is the community you are referring to then I could see the value in possessing a private key to the access gates leading directly onto the course. This aspect of ownership would be considered valuable to the avid golfer who is a member of the club. Does the gate access automatically transfer with the home? Are these gates located in areas other than the cul-d-sac ends of the community? What I'm getting at is ..... can any resident gain access to the course from any of these gates and who controls the rights to them?

I would say that the access would certainly allow you the ability to sell your home quicker as it could be viewed more desirable than the rest. Placing a value on it would be subjective. Depends upon whether the buyer values this perk in the same manner that you do and whether an appraiser will appropriately consider it in his evaluation of the property value.

Interesting information. I'm a former member and would have seen its value. But I can't speak for those who don't understand. Good luck to you!

Diane Wheatley, Broker
diane@moveupproperties.com
(909) 981-5400
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 2, 2009
Go back in history, maybe to when homes were first built and compare price differences then. If your home sold for say 10% more at that time then you could add 10% to recent sold prices of other homes on the course. If the prices were the same then maybe the value isn't really there and your home should be prices closer to the other recent sold prices. If you price it approx right and the demand is as strong as you think it is maybe you will get multiple offers. Then the only hurdle to jump is that the buyers bank accepts the appraisal. If they have all cash it doesn't matter. Best of luck on your home sale. Glen
Web Reference: http://www.maui4rent.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 27, 2009
Hi Loretta:

Both agents have given you good information. Reality is your home is worth what someone is willing to pay. I know that sounds very simple, but it is what is going on in this market (and all markets). To the right someone those could have value and even if it doesn't appraise they would be willing to bring in the money to purchase your home for higher than it appraises, if it is something of value to them. (I’m sure it was of value to you when you purchased the home). If it isn’t then it won’t have any value. Looking at what similar homes have sold for (even if they aren’t right in Red Hill) would give you an idea of what buyers are willing to pay right now. Marketing to the buyers is what is important to make sure that you have received the highest amount that will be paid for your home.

Let me know if you would like any more information
Diana 909-945-5763
Web Reference: http://www.dianam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 27, 2009
There hasn't been a lot of sales in Red Hills lately, there is only 1 other home right on the golf course that looks remotely close to yours in size & location, it's at 7702 Calle Casino listed in the low $800's, it's on a Full Acre though. Other than that there's one on the market for $550K & from there a couple of bank owned small homes, not on the golf course.

Yours will be a bit difficult to price. I'd be happy to meet with you to discuss this further, or see my first answer and call an appraiser, it may be worth the price for you to have them do a full appraisal for you. They have different ways of computing value.

emilyknell1@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 27, 2009
First step would be to find out how many homes ON the golf course of recently sold of any size. Then match those sizes with others that have sold in the community NOT on the golf course. That will give you an excellent idea of what the value is FOR the lot on the golf course.

Of course, try to see if there are homes that are closer to the size of your home ON & OFF the course. If you can let me know the size of your home I can do some investigation.

Although most sellers don't take this route, but for your situation it may really help, is to get an appraisal done. It will probably cost about $350-400, you could also ask for a "comp appraisal" for possibly a discounted price. If you can tell the appraiser over the phone what you have for upgrades OR email them photos of your home & your lot, if the appraiser doesn't have to come out to take measurements & their own photos, they may do it for less.

emilyknell1@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 27, 2009
Loretta,

It does add value to someone who is a member of Red Hill because it is a private members only golf course. However, to most people who are not a member, it would not matter. The way it works in real estate for value is the square footage of the home, size of the back yard and what the upgrades are in your home. Many times you do not get all the money back that you have put in for upgrades into a home either. I always tell my clients that your taste in what you consider upgrades may not be considered an upgrade to someone else. These items just make your home more desirable than one that has not been upgraded. You never get all your money out of upgrades or for a pool for that matter either. The value that it does add is the convenience for a Red Hill member. Memberships are down right now (I should know as I am a member). So, I do not think there would be any monatary amount that would substantiate raising the price of your home just for that reason. An appraiser will come in from the lender and look at what homes are selling for all around you in a one mile radius and then branch out to other homes from there if not many homes have sold. The home will have to appraise for what you are selling it for and that is how an appraiser determines the value.
If I can help you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Joan Patterson, B.A., A.S.P., G.R.I., Realtor, License # 01431647
8250 White Oak Avenue, Ste 102
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
951-204-1864
http://www.calljoan4homes.com
http://www.socalreopartners.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 27, 2009
Market the home towards those who would have an interest in that specific amenity. Someone who respects the aminty will respect what your asking for it in the Listing Price...

Carlos Silva
All Nations Realty & Investments
VICTORIA GARDENS MALL
909-224-5391
http://www.CarlosSilvaProperties.com
carlos4u4re@yahoo.com