Home Selling in Fayetteville>Question Details

Ann Marie De…, Home Seller in 30215

Our home has a pool which needs work or demolishing. We need to sell as soon as possible. What is your advice to do.?

Asked by Ann Marie Degroat, 30215 Sat Sep 1, 2012

Answers

3
A lot weight should be placed on who the buyer is likely to be. An owner occupant buyer would place some value on the pool in its' current condition. If you see that investors are buying homes in your area, and you suspect an investor will be buying your home to use as a rental property, they most likely would elect to tear out the pool. I would not spend money to demolish the pool, however. An investor would have his own people and could get this work done very efficiently. I hope this helps!

Jim Dutton
Broker/Owner
The Housing Group Real Estate
770 719-9000
Hi Ann Marie,

Pools are always tough! They really are a case by case basis. How bad is the pool? Does it have a liner, is it gunite, etc? I live in and work the Fayetteville market all the time. If you'd like, I'd be happy to stop by and take a look and see if I can make a determination about the best thing to do based on your home, the value of your home, and the pool. Pools can be a real detriment to selling, especially when it comes to financing. I can help you determine the best way to handle it. Feel free to call me or email me. Good luck no matter what you do!

Melissa Stephens, Realtor
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
678-776-1895 Cell
404-843-2500 Office
678-263-4594 Fax
http://www.StephensandStephens.net - Visit Our Website

http://www.TheScoopinRealEstate.com - Visit Our Blog
My advice is to the a bid from a pool company to bring the pool up to standards and a bid to abandon the pool. The choose the route that works best for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
That is the problem. The costs are almost the same so it is hard to tell which route to go considering the number of foreclosure in Georgia and what it has done to the prices of homes.
Flag Sat Sep 1, 2012
Flag Sat Sep 1, 2012