Dani Stevens…, Home Buyer in Edmond, OK

Our condo has been on the market for 6 months now and I'm ready to sell and get a house. Any advice on a good condo realtor to contact?

Asked by Dani Stevenson, Edmond, OK Sat Sep 8, 2012

Answers

13
Tonya Yarema’s answer
Selling a condo is much like selling any home. I suggest you find a realtor who is located in the same area as your condo. Would love to help you if you are in the Moore, South OKC, Midwest City area.

Good luck, Tonya Yarema
Coldwell Banker/Carousel
405 990-6181
Thank You all for all of the information. I will be talking to my husband and figuring out what we are going to do.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Thank you for your previous answers, I hope your husband and you will be able to sale and move on to the new adventures in your life!!!! If you need anything from me, just shoot me an email: Josh@JoshBarnettOKC.com.
Flag Mon Sep 10, 2012
The condo is in the Benttree Addition on May between 122nd and Hefner
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
We are set at $103,900 right now, 1731sqft, 3 bds 2 1/2 baths. since we put ours on the market there have been 2 others sold. The paint is only 2 years old we have new hardwood floors downstairs new carpet in master upstairs, not brand new updating but nothing outdated.
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
I live in Camelot on 118th just north of this complex. I know several units have sold in there over the last few months. Are you overpriced? Or need some updating or painting?
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
Dani,

6 months on the market is not unreasonable but a very long time if you're ready to move on. Check with your current realtor and make sure it's priced to sell. If you're condo is not showing YOU NEED A PRICE REDUCTION. If you're showing but NO OFFERS, YOU NEED A PRICE REDUCTION. Most buyers will not value your condo the same way you do. I hate to say but the market is only worth what buyers are willing to pay. Also, make sure your home is staged to sell. Limit your personal belonging, family photos and declutter. If I can be of any help to you my number is listed below.

Dani, good luck with the sell of your condo and God Bless you.

Sincere Gratitude,

Rose McDaniel~Keller Williams Realty
405-330-2626 (o)
405-210-5651(c)
Hi Dani:
Ok you have a lot of advice from other Realtors: My advice to you is lower the price of your condo, Talk with other Realtors on their marketing, also 6 months on the market is not out of reason right now,
I for one would like to talk with you about selling your condo.
I have question for you: Are you looking to buy a Newly constructed home if so I have a couple of builder that might take your home in on trade, this is an option:

If I can help please contact me:

John Phillips
405 413 0791
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
I just closed on a condo last week. I would be happy to visit with you.

I have owned a house in the Stonegate neighborhood and loved the convenient location.

Carolyn Sims
KellervWilliams Northwest
405-808-7922
Web Reference: http://Www.csimshomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hi Dani,

Check out my site, http://www.clickoncondos.com. Condos are one of my specialties and I know Benttree very well. All these other Realtors who have commented below are good too. :)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hi Dani, One of my specialties is condos. Check out my website at http://www.clickoncondos.com. I'd be happy to help.
natalie
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Price probably has a lot to do with it. And it being a condo-- and the things that go with it (HOA fees, parking, noise from neighbors above/below/next door, no yard for kids, etc.).

$103,900 is a pretty penny for a condo, if that's yours. I'm guessing the new price will help at least. Listed now still almost $12,000 more than it sold for 3 years ago. That condo started out being listed for about $110,000. I personally think $110k is overpriced for the size in a condo. You can get a tiny newer house in Edmond for not that far from that. I'm guessing people think to themselves "why buy a condo when I can buy a house for around that price?" The economy isn't so great. Condos around here aren't as popular as in other cities-- people have kids and want garages, more space, yards, etc. About that price can buy a small house. So, your market is naturally smaller-- the market is there, but it's smaller. It hasn't been in the market overly long for a local condo, so try marketing and more open houses.The condo buyers market is smaller than the house buyers market here. For over $100,000 in Oklahoma, a lot prefer a house. That condo is nice, but... condos have their deterrents, especially when the price isn't that much of a difference from a house. If that's the condo that's yours, it's cute. Looks clean and updated. I might repaint the kitchen where that brown/yellow/something color is. (I see one condo for sale in Bentree at quick glance.... not sure if that's yours.)

I would try marketing and more open houses-- and put "price reduced" signs up.

Is the HOA Fee Monthly of $284 including utilities or something? If I was in the market for a condo, those HOA fees seem high for around here to me if they don't include some utilities. Maybe say what the HOA fees include in the listing description? That could be a turn-off, too. You might list all the condo benefits in the ad-- clubhouse or pool or insurance or whatever all is included. Mention the convenient location, quiet neighbors or few renters nearby,... those things perhaps.

Marketing and home staging could also be an issue.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
There have been six condos sold in Benttree in the last 12 months. The average time on the market is 163 days, about 20 days less than your time on market - but still within one standard deviation. The average sales price $ per foot was $58.59, so it seems you are priced competitively. As a Seller, I would consider the marketing of your property. Things that could help: professionally staged HDR photography, a monthly open house, well-placed signage, fresh descriptive text in MLS, extensive website & social media push, a bonus to the Buyer's realtor, a virtual tour slideshow or video.

Perhaps you should meet with your current agent & discuss these marketing possibilities. If you opt to have your current listing released, evaluate your next realtor's marketing plan with the tools I listed in mind. Good luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.okcjulie.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Price-Location-Realtor one or all 3 are the reason your condo has not sold. Email me, text or call me at johnmarquiess@gmail.com 405-250-7825 and let me tell you what other realtors won't.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
In the last 6 months I have sold one In Quail Springs and Piccadilly Square. They do sell. Some faster than others. Where is yours located? What is your ratio of owners to renters?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
I'd love to talk with you about our marketing and why we haven't had a single listing expire in over 5 years. Check out http://www.GetYourSoldSign.com for more info and then let me know if you'd like to chat.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Not in Edmond, in Oklahoma City. I'm at 11303 Benttree Circle 73120 on May and 112th. We are at $60/sqft. We started at $109,900 we have dropped down to $103,900. We have good neighbors, condo is in great condition. We have had a lot of people come and look and never got bad reviews from lookers, just no offers.
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012