Mwoodsprite2, Home Buyer in East Grand Rapids, MI

Our East Grand Rapids house is just about ready to be put on the market. Would we be smarter to wait until spring of 2012?

Asked by Mwoodsprite2, East Grand Rapids, MI Wed Jul 20, 2011

Answers

5
we are looking for a home in EGR and agree inventory is very low and homes are moving pretty quickly. What size house do are you selling and are you near the high school and middle school?

B
Right now there are very few homes on the market. Last January I sold over 1 million dollars in home. So sometimes winter is a good time to put your home on the market. Please contact me so we can talk further.
I'm guessing you're thinking of waiting until Spring of 2012 because that is traditonally the time of year people seem to be most active in their home search... However, if you have a house that is in good condition, you price it right for the market, and you have a marketing stratedgy in place that gives your home optimum visibility - anytime of year is a good time to list a home.

My advice would be to set appointments with a few different realtors who specialize in the EGR area and interview them. Ask to have a CMA (comparable market analysis) performed on your home. I would of course welcome the oportunity to do one for you but, it's important to get more than one perspective from a realtor and find the best fit for your needs.
Web Reference: http://hughgriffith.com/
Get it up, price it right and it will sell! Good news is that in Western Michigan Sales are up double as last year and inventory down by 26%! Especially in the last month buyers are out there and buying! I am calling on usually 8-10 properties that my buyers want to see and usually only show 3-4 houses because the rest are pending.

The bad news is pricing has not really gone up. I think that will take awhile of houses moving before we see a pricing change.

I hope this information helps! Best Wishes!!!
Web Reference: http://www.GoMelinda.com
That all depends on your current situation and plans for the future. Most predictions don't show home values rising dramatically by that point, but there are many other factors that should contribute to your decision. If you would like, give me a call (616-780-4725) or send me an email bschutten@grar.com and we can examine your situation more closely. Thanks!