Home Selling in Orange Park>Question Details

SEO, Both Buyer and Seller in Florida

Orange Park Oakleaf Plantation Homes - average days on market?

Asked by SEO, Florida Wed Jan 16, 2008

My home has been on the market for almost 8 months now and very little activity. A couple of showings but noone even remotely interested. It is priced at the absolute lowest (minus realtor fees, etc.) for me to just break even. It's a new home, hardwood floors, lake front, over 3000 sf. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is a must sell do to relocation.
Thanks.

Answers

3
The answer to your question is about 127 days. Secondly how are you marketing your home. Do you have a Realtor or are you trying it on your own. I will be more than happy to have one of my sales associates discuss our marketing plan with you. Visit our website for contact information.q
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 5, 2008
Unforltunately if your home is 18 months old or less your price may be more that the homes your are competing with. An agent can verify that for you.

Statistics suggest that 77% to 87% (depending which poll you use) of all home buyers start their search on the Internet. It also suggest the homes with photos and Virtual tours attract the most hits or visitors. With that in mind be sure your home has a chance in competing with the other 96 homes that are 2900 SF or more in Oakleaf plantation

If you are not listed with a Realtor, do your homework and find an agent that markets aggressively. If you are listed with a Realtor, I suggest you request your Realtor to e-mail you a copy of your MLS listing. Review the listing to be sure it contains room sizes, school info and read the Remarks section to be sure it describes your home in a way that would make you interested in seeing your home. Next check out the photos. Since you are in Oakleaf and in a 3000SF home, less that 10 photos cannot do the home or the area Justice. Is there a link to a good virtual tour.

Next check out your home on Realtor.com. You can type in the city and MLS number and find it easily to check. Is it a showcase listing.? How many photos are there? Is there a link to a virtual tour? Has your agent written an additional description about your home. (Realtor.com gets 6,600,000 visitors a month)

Some agents rely to much on their company site or personal site and neglect the two most visible sites to buyers

My theory is that the advertising must create a demand for your home. I want buyers to call me to see my listings or to ask their Realtor to show them the home I have listed. There are too many homes on the market to leave the showings on your home to chance. If your Realtor is doing a good job in these two locations then chances are they are doing a good job in all the other internet sites avilable to them. If adequate marketing is being done, the only thing left is price or whether or not your area is still attracting adequate numbers of buyers. If the marketing is lacking then talk with your agent about getting more coverage or when your listing expires change to a Realtor that activily markets homes.

I have two homes listed over 3000SF. One at 429,900 the other at 669,00 Both are getting showings

Your are welcome to check how I am marketing those two listings to compare to the marketing of your home. You can find both in Realtor.com MLS 415330 & 413555
Web Reference: http://www.cathysloan.com
From a buyers perspective, I relocated to Jax 18 months ago and housing was overpriced (in my opinion) at that time. I decided to sit and wait the market out.

My personal observation and problem with purchasing now is that when I look at a home I immediately look at the historical sales record available through the county tax office. What I have been finding is that almost every one of them has been purchased somewhere between 2002 to 2006 and the seller is now asking almost 2x what they paid. It is unrealistic to expect a 100% profit on a home you have owned for 1-4 years and this is a key indicator to me that the market is overpriced.

The real market problem is buyers are somewhat aware of this so where do we go from here? If you purchased a home during the hot market session that just ended, you have most likely paid an inflated amount of money for your home (keep in mind a very nice home in Jax could be bought for $180 or less just 3-5 years ago, today you are looking at $300k or more – incomes has not increased that much, in fact they have remained almost level). Most buyers are not going to absorb that high of inflation rate when there is this much inventory on the market so we are at a stall mate. Desperate sellers will flinch first. Anyone else even remotely thinking of selling will have to enjoy their purchase for several years before they can break even.

Now days I am almost exclusively looking at Oakleaf (with my target being Eagle Landing) for a home however the high taxes/fees do not help any with the slowing economy.

My only advice to you is to try some intuitive marketing such as throwing in a big screen TV or vacation, it works for some people. Plus, I truely enjoy shopping at the new mall area out there - i.e., market the resources/lifestyle - I think it is as good as the Southside and St. Johns. In addition, the economic development at Cecil Field will increase home values in the long term. Bottom line, 3-5 years from now that area is going to be just as developed as Eagle Harbour and just as sought after.