Home Selling in Nashville>Question Details

Heather F, Home Buyer in ,

Opportunities for Spanish speaking Realtor in Nashville?

Asked by Heather F, , Sat May 12, 2012

Hello!

I am a fluent Spanish speaker who is considering becoming a realtor and I wanted to pose this question to current realtors in the area. Do you see a need in Nashville for a Spanish speaking Realtor? Do you have many clients who specifically request a Spanish speaker? Any advice you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

2
Yes, I believe there is a need. There are a few Spanish-speaking Realtors already (including myself), but I think if you market your services right, you would get business.

Suerte!

Wanda
Wow. This is the talk I had with another board member just yesterday. Fluent speaking vs. of Hispanic origin are two different needs in the market place. The real estate industry as a whole in Tennessee has a diversity issue. The education I've been given has said that the Hispanic population typically prefer working with those who are not of their origin and they prefer an English experience. Now, while this contradicts what I think would be common sense, it's what the educators say. There's a host of reasons why that I can't go into here.

We receive 100s (if not thousands) of phone calls every year for real estate needs. We have never received a call from someone specifically asking for a spanish-speaking agent. We've even offered and advertised translation services at the height of the market and not been asked even once.

Do I PERSONALLY believe the need for Spanish speaking REALTORS? Absolutely. Would I encourage to use that as a point of difference if you enter this profession? Absolutely. Call, write or email if you ever need any direction. I love helping other agents!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012