Home Selling in Middleboro>Question Details

Iqcuckoo17, Home Seller in Middleboro, MA

On average, how quickly does new construction sell in Middleboro?

Asked by Iqcuckoo17, Middleboro, MA Thu Apr 26, 2012

I'm considering purchasing a plot of land, building a house, and selling it. I'd like to know what time frame I can reasonably expect.

Answers

6
As stated below there are many variables. Also some new homes agents list before they even start construction so the days on market are misleading.

But based on the MLS for middleboro homes built after 2011

Single Family Active Listings: 14 Avg. Liv.Area SqFt: 2,142.71 Avg. List$: $402,079 Avg. List$/SqFt: $190 Avg. DOM: 244.57

Single Family Under Agreement Listings: 3 Avg. Liv.Area SqFt: 1,856.00 Avg. List$: $355,900 Avg. List$/SqFt: $197 Avg. DOM: 42.00

Single Family Sold Listings: 8 Avg. Liv.Area SqFt: 1,864.25 Avg. List$: $312,925 Avg. List$/SqFt: $170 Avg. DOM: 265.25 Avg. Sale$: $311,306 Avg. Sale$/SqFt: $170
It's ALL about price in attracting potential buyers to view a property. Then it has to offer some quality for that price. Our office recently sold 3 new colonials in good fair market time. Well built, on large lots, with granite, some hardwood and central air, all for just about 300k.
Unheard of just a few years ago, but the key to new construction pricing is the price of the lot. You should know what a new home would sell for and then your finished lot cost should not exceed 30% of that final sale price.

We sold these 3 lots to these builders, and they bought them at the right price so they could offer these value-priced colonials.

Hope that helps. Call us anytime. Linda Vintro Uptown Realtors 508-947-9410
There are a ton of variables so it is hard to really hone in on a true number.

New homes that are marketed with out a foundation or just the foundation can take much longer to sell than one that may be near completion. if it is near completion buyer's can make decisions based on what they see then trying to determine what they are purchasing just by plans, a foundation or just framed walls. Also, the price point of the new home can really determine how fast it moves. If the home is in the upper end for homes in that community it can take longer than new homes that are priced right around the median price for that community.

Recently there have been new homes sold in 30 days and others that have taken almost 500 days.
Hi there, I just ran a quick search on MLS for new construction sales in Middleboro and according the latest market updates, the average Days on Market time is 84.25 days. It also showed that the average list price is $317,400. To backup this information you can look to see that the newest listing for New Construction just sold in April on 57 Thomas Street and was on the market for only 30 days. The spring market always is peak time to sell and the location also plays a vital piece of the sale. Let me know if I can help you list your new construction. Kim
It really depends sometimes they move quickly and sometimes not, one main factor is pricing. However, this should not be a sign for you to rush to purchase, take your time, do your homework, analyze your budget and study the inventory, your buyer's agent can help you with all this and there is not cost to you, so take advantage of it and get represented
Web Reference: http://www.wenrealty.com
Yes, new construction is selling pretty quickly. In the past six months in Middleboro there have been 3 homes that have sold and 2 have gone under agreement. The average days on market is 87 and the average sale price has been $295,633.

If I can be of anymore assistance please feel free to give me a call at 774-766-8439.