Question Details

Colin Deveni…, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles, CA

On average how much value do new appliances add to a home?

Asked by Colin Devenish, Los Angeles, CA Mon Oct 29, 2007

Answers

2
Colin, New Buyers expect a home to be in good working order with all systems operating correctly. Adding new appliances is enough to set you apart from the competition. You and your chosen Realtor/Licensee need to get out and check out the COMPETITION. If they all have new appliances YOU get new appliances. If they don't have new appliances YOU STILL get new appliances!! Coordinate all, make a deal when buying them together in one price! Choose a local appliance store and see what kind of deal you can cut. Say you'll put a sign on the counter--"Appliances by Local Good Store"! Maybe your Realtor/Licensee has a relationship with an appliances store. I belong to a local association where I bring many, many vendors as affiliated parties to my marketing of a home. Don't forget carpeting, new paint, hardwood flooring (get it refinished if dull and old) plus staging, landscaping. It's all part of the package for successful marketing! THEN PRICE IT RIGHT!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 29, 2007
Colin,
Buying new appliances is a good idea. Don't go cheap, no scratch and dent store shopping, make sure they all match. You should get back what you pay for them and the home will sell faster.
Michael