John Burns, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

On average, how long does it take to sell an apartment in the 60614 zipcode?

Asked by John Burns, Chicago, IL Thu Sep 19, 2013

Answers

16
Hello John,

In this market, a Lincoln Park apt should sell in about a week if it shows well and you price it right.

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

John Meyers, Meyers Realty
e: JohnMeyers@MeyersRealty1.com
c: 847-533-7115
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 28, 2013
CORRECTION: Sorry, I meant it should "rent" in about a week. -- It should "sell" within a month as Akos mentioned.
Flag Thu Dec 12, 2013
Currently, The Lincoln Park area has a shortage of really good inventory. When a nicely-updated, well-priced property hits the market, it will generally move very quickly. Simply said, demand exceeds supply , especially in certain pricepoints. It's definitely worthwhile getting 2-3 real estate professionals to provide you with a professional market analysis to determine the proper value. The realtor should also be able to give you a custom marketing strategy highlighting the best features of the property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
John,

While 60614 is one of the more popular area we must account for the apartment/condo itself. When was it last updated, condition, number of bedrooms, type of kitchen and bathroom(s). It you are looking to sell your best strategy would be to interview a few brokers,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 24, 2013
If it is priced right should sell within 30 days! Please call me to send you a list of sold properties in 60614.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 23, 2013
Hi ! If there was a number, there would be one happy realtor :) There are factors to consider: price, condition, location, etc. I would be glad to give a complimentary consultation or presentation & what to look for if you are choosing a broker or how to sell yourself. Always welcome to contact me. Thanks - Bernie . . . 773.354.1066 '4 Sale Realty'
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
According to the MLS 405 "attached single family" housing units have sold in the last three months and it took an average of 45 days to get a contract which led to a closing.

However, it is not uncommon that a unit in the 60614 zip code to sell in less than 10 days. Talk to a broker about your particular situation as everyone's situation is different.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 20, 2013
Price it right and it will be under contract within 30 days or sooner for sure. The closing date will depend on the type of financing that will be used for the purchase. Cash is quick. Conventional will usually be 30 days or more.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 19, 2013
Like in all areas, depends on condition, location and price. You can't change the location. Once there is an offer accepted it will take 2 weeks to close as the fastest (cash) and it may be as long as 2 months if the buyer is financing. Some special circumstances (short sales, foreclosures, etc) could add to this time frame.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 19, 2013
If priced right in this market usually under 40 days to get a contract. If the buyer is getting a loan that takes about another 30 - 45 days. So if priced right you could be out of there in about 3 mos. Happy to give you a closer analysis based on supply and demand for the type of property, etc. Call/text/email anytime!
Web Reference: http://Www.sabrinabier.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 19, 2013
Its all about where it is located and how many beds/baths.

Get a good Realtor to come by and take a look. They can give an idea once they see it. I would be happy to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 19, 2013
The time to sell can be short if you are priced under the market or forever if you are priced too high. That question itself leads to many more: Are you buying, selling , refinancing? The question also leaves out the 3 rules in real estate, LOCATION< LOCATION< LOCATION! Even within a given zip code - location is critical. Is the property on the el ? There is an answer to your question however, there is no value in the answer! If you are trying to make some decision with the information you requested, ask specific questions of a professional so you get the information you need to make the decision at hand. I work in that area of Chicago. I can help formulate a marketing plan to take advantage of the inventory shortage and minimize your time on the market is you are thinking of selling!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 19, 2013
At the right price, not long at all! Call me to go over your options and discuss your best strategies.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 19, 2013
This is a very popular zip code - and if the property is well priced and shows well, it should sell fairly quickly. But it does depend on the style of the home (high rise vs. walk up), the price point, finishes, amenities, etc. It's best to have a good Realtor come over and give you a market analysis.
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013
John,

I see manny agents replied to your question. I just wanted to follow- up with you to see if you have had an opportunity to discuss the question in more detail

If you have not, here is my contact information. I would love to have the opportunity to help you list your condo in the near future.

James Bellavia
Broker Associate
Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty
425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610
C: 847.641.8414 | F: 773.871.0001
I just sold one in 4 days - listed 11/18, under contract 11/25 at $105K above most recent sale. 60614 is in high demand.
Already longer than than your estimates and we're lower priced AND in a better location than some "rivals". I guess people don't like "real" vintage! LOL.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
30 days in today's market.