Sneits, Home Seller in Grain Valley, MO

Need to sell my house - What are my options?

Asked by Sneits, Grain Valley, MO Tue Feb 5, 2013

Hi all,

my husband and I purchased our house less than two years ago (summer of 2011). It was a brand new construction we love the house but due to new job opportunities for both of us, we need to relocate. Per our HOA agreement the neighborhood has to be 100% homeowners, no renters. We have made some improvements to the house such as sprinkler system, finished basement and did some ladscaping. We are terribly sad to sell our house since we've only been here for so little time and invested so much for the long-term. I guess our question is what are our best options to selling the house for the best price possible? Is it realistic to assume that we will have some leftover cash after selling? (We bought the house as a 3 bedroom 2 bath for $200,000 with granite countertops and three car garage in 2011, we added a bedroom and a bathroom and a media room in basement, also added sprinklersystem and landscaping around entire house, paid off about $50,000 of the house so far.)

Thanks!

Answers

3
The good news is the real estate market is improving. We have a lower inventory of homes for sale right now than anytime in the past few years and buyer demand has picked up. The bad news is it will be hard to recoup all your home improvement costs. Open and honest that is our approach. But we do have the tools to help your home stand out and will negotiate the best acceptable offer for you.

Give us a call Pat Carlson Team with Reece and Nichols 816-665-1371
We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your options. Please feel free to contact us .
Sherri Oaks. 816-365-8660 or Laurie Hontz. 816-365-3899
I am not able to give you a cost estimate without seeing your home. I would love to come take a look and research cost for you. I have some time tomorrow afternoon and could come by then. Let me know if 4 pm works for you.
Angela Kunzler
816-714-6920
AngelaSellsHomes@gmail.com