John, Home Seller in Warner Center, San F...

Need some advice on how to proceed in Grand Junction, CO.

Asked by John, Warner Center, San Fernando, CA Mon Jun 7, 2010

I am making a move to the Ft Collins, Co area in a few months. The market in Grand Junction has pretty much tanked and houses in my development arenow being listed for what I bought my house for 5 yrs ago. If I try and sell, even with a low offer I will have to come to the table with 25,000 - 30,000, which might not be possible. The move is imminent so not going is out of the question. Renting the house is iffy as the rental market here is not so great and would have to pay several hundred dollars per month just for someone to rent it. . I think I'm in kind of a bad way here so any advice as to what alternatives might be present from the many smart people that post on this site would be much appreciated. My current house was built in 2005, has 1600 sf, 4 bed and 2 bath and not much of a yard. Top notch ammenities inside. I'm just trying to avoid ruining my credit as I have worked pretty dang hard and would like to eventually buy a house in the community where we are moving to. Thanks

Answers

1
Getting an accurate valuation for your house would be the first step. If you are going to have to come to the table with a lump sum of money it seems renting to off set the amount would make more sense/cents. Houses are selling in our area if they priced right. I have a very strong internet presence and work hard marketing my listings. Please feel free to call or just look for my listings on Trulia/GrandJunction.
Elizabeth Birmingham
EB Realty
970 464 1000