Home Selling in Elk Grove>Question Details

S, Home Seller in Elk Grove, CA

Need Feedback!

Asked by S, Elk Grove, CA Fri Jul 25, 2008

We live in Custom Built House 2628 Square feet 3 bedroom and 3 baths with 5 acres nicely landscape Expectional Neighborhood Close to schools and Shopping. We had some interest. Also my home is decorated Country with lots of antique with Neutral Paint Colors. Would it help to go Contemporary?

Please tell us what you think

MLS # 80052359

Answers

4
I defer to your listing agent on your decision to redecorate or not.
Looking at the pictures only on the comuter it is an attractive enough house. I would show it if I had a buyer in the current market for that size home on acreage in the Sheldon area.

The keys to getting it shown are; 1, Make it easily available to show.
The showing instructions currently look , well, not easy to show.

Then: Make sure it is always clean and neat, regardless of whether you redecorate. Eliminate or hide clutter (Even the tires and wheelbarrow next to the shed.)

Leave the lights on when showing , even in the daytime, Put away the little green toy chair by the window, and the two cute little antiques on wheels. Move the bedroom tv and Tv stand to storage.

Keep the front of the house, porch, driveway and street in front manicured and litter policed. Stuff can blow into your yard from far away so check it often. If you don't already have a flower pot or two near the front porch, a little color can add an inexpensive nice touch.

Other than that, even in the higher price range, buyers are shopping price, price, price, - Consider any redecorating projects with a cost benefit analysis.

Having said all that, if Diane overrules me - take her advice not mine. she knows the area and the house waaay better than I do from looking at it for two minutes on the computer.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
Hi again. I was able to see your house on the MLS and yes, it needs to be prepared for sale correctly. There are ways to incorporate some touches of modern into your decor. Staging is not decorating and your house is decorated right now. You may not need to redecorate, but move some things around and/or out of the house. Staging is accenting your homes finest features and appealing to a broadbase of buyers. Please remove any utensils from view in the kitchen and any family pictures. These are safety factors to consider and I can leave a list of ideas for you when I visit your home. Also, it needs a bit more curb appeal. Ask your realtor if she thinks that a staging report will help. I feel that it really could help you at this point. Best of Luck.
Web Reference: http://artfuljourney.net
You want your house to appeal to the most potential buyers. Any particular decorating style is very personal and will only appeal to a select few. It is best to be as neutral as possible when it comes to decor. That does not mean white and boring, but does mean no particular "theme." I did look at your MLS photos, but it was hard to get a real feel for your decor with the limited photos. You may want to consider contacting a local stager in your area. They will go through your house room by room and give you detailed recommendations on how to improve the appearance of your house. Sometimes an objective pair of eyes can be very helpful!
Actually, that might be your best bet. I would be happy to give you a report on the marketability of your property. What I really need to do is to see your property. You don't ask your tax person to tell you right off the bat how much you might be getting back. So, I can not answer you until I see the location, comps, and the style of your home. I offer very affordable reports for YOU to do it yourself and properly prepare your home for sale in this market. If you have a Realtor, this service enables them to do their job to market your home. Country is out.. I can tell you that. Give me a call and I will be happy to help you. Please visit my web site for more info. If you don't have a Realtor yet, I would be happy to refer you to an exceptional one in your area.
Lori Kim Polk
Artful Journey Designs and Staging
artfuljourney.net
915-300-0402
Web Reference: http://artfuljourney.net