Home Selling in Naples>Question Details

Lisa T, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

Naples realtors not returning my phone calls - unbelievable! Luxury condo listings, near beach.

Asked by Lisa T, Naples, FL Tue May 5, 2009

I have two luxury condos to sell in North Naples - near the beach. Yes, I am aware that the condo market is not selling well at the moment. I contacted a handful of realtors that have solid reputations for selling near the beach. I am discouraged and appalled that three different realtors haven't even returned my calls/emails. Two more of them declined to take our listings (maybe because they can't sell what they have?). I'm not sure what to make of a realtor not returning a phone call or email. Can someone clue me in?

call me - I will be happy to help you - I return my call ASAP and my emails as well.
My phone is 239-849-3587

I am sorry for your unpleasant experience. I am available to help in any way and can promptly provide you will information on listing your condos.
Dear Lisa,

A Realtor not returning a phone all is appalling. Why did two Realtors decline to take your listing? From what you have written, it sounds as if you are guessing why they did not take the listing.

In the last two years I have turned down more listings than I have in the 31 years I have been in the business. Almost all of these listings had sellers who bought at the top of the market and now their properties are not worth what they paid for them. There has been no way that I can obtain a price that the seller wants. I make it clear to these sellers that if they really do not have to sell, they should hold onto their places until the market turns around. I would rather be up front with a seller than have them disappointed in me later.

My advice is to find a Realtor who will level with you about price. The location, amount of advertising or web presence can not make an overpriced listing sell.

Lynn H. Wilber GRI, e-PRO
Downing Frye Realty
Naples Blog: http://www.NaplesWave.com/NaplesBlog
Web Reference: http://www.NaplesWave.com
Hi Lisa
I have do not have a reason why someone would not call you back. I return all phone messages and answer all questions regardless of how busy I am. If you would care to call me my web address is attached to this message and I will leave my direct line of 239-659-3272. I am sorry that you are having such a hard time with your properties call me and I will try to assist you

Good Luck Skip
Lisa......in order to clue you in I would need to understand how your properties stack up to the others on the market. As a Realtor your time is invaluable........there is not enough time in the day as it is. The fact that two of them declined to take your listings means you probably have unrealstic expectations. Sorry to be candid but why sugarcoat it. You need a CMA prepared for you. Look at it and pay attention to the prices.......the prices you have in mind are probably way off. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Hi Lisa,

I will also "apply" for the job!:) I have lived in Naples for the past 26 years. I am a Certified International Property Specialist, Trans-national Referral Certified and an Accredited buyers representative. I was the #1 Agent for Florida's largest privately owned Developer who developed much of the beach property in Pelican Bay. I apologize for the problems you have been having and would love to assist you. You may contact me at the information listed below and I would be happy to meet with you at your convenience.

Kurt Petersen
Amerivest Realty
Dear Lisa,
I, too, apologize for my fellow realtors, but, rest assured, not everyone is like that. And, truthfully, if an agent doesn't want your listing, then you are better off not having that agent work for you, because you won't get the results you want. If your agent is not enthusiastic and excited about your property, they certainly can't get someone else excited about it! Sounds easy, but it's not. I would love the opportunity to speak with you, as I am sure some of the others here would. Then you would have the chance to see if the right chemistry can be found between you and a realtor who is excited to work hard for you.
Carol Wilsey
Exceptional Properties of SW FL
(239) 289-1403 Cell
You've obviously looked in the wrong place! Seems like there are a couple professionals that would like to assist you right here.

As in any industry, there are all kinds. Pick the one that is right for you. Maybe consider listing 1 condo with 1 person and the other with another - do a short listing period and see how the service and communication compares.

I can not tell you why a REALTOR will not give you a call to list your condos near the beach. I can not tell you why they will not take your listings. But, If I can be of any assistance and show you that not every REALTOR is the same please let me know I would be more than happy to talk with you.

Jennifer Monville
I apologize for your experience. If you price your condo's at the current market they will sell. There are some difficulties in our market but I believe it is turning around.

I am a full time professional in the market assisting customers with all aspects of Real Estate Sales and Purchase. I would be happy to speak with you regarding sales of your property.

Ken Lowe - Realtor Partner
The Tropical Team
Chairman’s Circle Diamond
Prudential Florida Realty
Let Me Help You Put Your Footprints In The Sand!!!