Home Selling in New York>Question Details

Natasha meln…, Other/Just Looking in 11223

NYC real estate exam book.

Asked by Natasha melnikova, 11223 Mon Apr 2, 2012

How's it going I am looking for a good book for the salesperson exam, with practice tests and answers. Thank you, appreciate it.

Answers

9
No, only get the most up to date version. You may also be able to purchase the book at your local Real Estate School, or perhaps your local board of Realtors.
seen the recampus.com site but it's not a secure site, that is the only place that I seen that you can buy the book. Not one Barnes & nobles has it, they only have a 2008 version. Should I just get the 2008 version? Thanks again
The 11th edition should be available at Barnes & Noble, if not here is the Dearborn link to order it;
http://www.recampus.com/REcampus/menu_id%601482%60category_i…
Yep I know about the course, just wanted to get a head start before I take them. Only edition I found for sale online was the 10th, 11th is impossible to find for some reason. Thanks again.
Hi Dunne05. I second the nomination for "Modern real estate practice..." as suggested by Mr. Runfola below. It's worth looking for if you can't and it can be found in Barnes and Noble.

I had the opportunity to study for my Brokers exam with Sam Irlander. He is amazing. Good luck.
Hi Dunne05,

If you are planning on getting buying this exam book to get the Real Estate Salesperson License, you should know that another requirement is to attend to a Real Estate Salesperson Course of 75 hours.
In the class, the instructor will tell you what text book to buy. When I took the course, I studied with the Real Estate Practice in New York for Salespersons by Sam Irlander, Dearborn Real estate Education.

I hope this information will help you!

Appreciate the replies, I can't find the 11th edition of the book you mentioned. Thanks.
Hello Dunne05, I recommend Modern Real Estate Practice in New York for Salespersons by Sam Irlander 11th edition, Dearborn Real estate Education.
Back when I took the exam, the place where I took the classes sold the review book as well. It was the NY Real Estate Institute at 132 W 36th. You say the NYC exam, but I think you mean the NYS exam, it's a statewide thing.