Crystal D Da…, Home Seller in 60409

NEED TO SHORTSALE MY HOME

Asked by Crystal D Davis, 60409 Mon Nov 24, 2008

Answers

3
Make sure and interview the agent! There are hundreds of agents that state they have done short sales and they have no clue! Ask how many short sales have you done? And out of those 100 short sales you submitted Mr Agent, how many were successfully taken by the bank? Do you know the true closing ratio on short sales Mr. Agent? The answers 1 out of 6 are successful. Don't be surprised if they answer most of them, because my office holds a 98% success ratio at closing short sales. So they you will know they are great at what they do. And then when I interview out or town agents, it amazes me when I ask them, "What is your procedure for collecting the short sale documents and what documents will you require from my seller?" most of them can NOT answer this question, so I know they are bluffing. Ask for References and call and quiz the previous sellers. Please mae sure and close with an attorney, you don't pay him, the lender does, but you pick him. I say this so they can get you a full release in writing. Lots of short sale clients do not get a release and I have seen people still held responsible AFTER the closing, for the shorage amount and you don't want that! Good luck!
You will definately need a Realtor to help you with this, the banks will not work with homeowners as far as the short sale is concerned.
However, you should be in contact with your bank ASAP. Get them what they want. Start out with a hardship letter explaining that you can't pay the loan back why. One page letter be concise and to the point, they don't have time to read a novel, and quite frankly don't care about the fluff, just the details.

Good luck, stay positive, and they will help you through this.

If done correctly the bank pays Realtor fees, closing costs etc.
Feel free to contact me. There is an agent in my office with lots of short sale experience, as well as lots of experience in your market area.

I am happy to refer you.