Question Details

Robert V., Home Seller in Baltimore, MD

My wife and I are looking to sell in the Charles Village section of Baltimore. Is August a bad time to list?

Asked by Robert V., Baltimore, MD Mon Jul 14, 2008

Should we wait until September? I'm thinking because we're close to Johns Hopkins University that this might be a good time to sell to incoming faculty. Is there any way to get in touch with the University folks that help relocate incoming faculty? Thanks.

Answers

1
August is traditionally slow and September through the holidays has always been a busy time. Most people are still vacationing including Realtors during August. The annual MD Realtors convention is September 9 to the 11th and after the 11th things pick-up. I have a friend in the Hopkins HR department and he thinks and I would agree the best way to reach incoming faculty is through craigslist.com postings. We advertise on 25+ websites and find a lot of Hopkins clients via our craigslist postings.

We've also advertised properties in the Student newspaper: http://www.jhu.edu/gazette