joe_muni, Home Owner in Jersey City, NJ

My sister who is the executrix is selling property inherited by myself and another sister in equal parts on the will.

Asked by joe_muni, Jersey City, NJ Mon Feb 4, 2013

I had told my sisters from the start and informed the listing realtor that I would be purchasing the property by buying out the two siblings and am waiting for my mortgage to be approved. They went ahead and have now signed contract and is in for attorney review.
The estate attorney should be representing me as I am 1/3 heir to property. Does'nt he have to have my permission to approve his review ? How much time do I have so I can find an attorney to represent me ? Can the contract be cancelled since I don't want to sell my 1/3 ? The property is in Probate, so I should have opportunity to stop the sale, and to purchase / buyout two siblings ?
Thanks for comments.

Answers

3
Hi Joe , Typically the executor or exectutrix is the person that is authorized to list the property in question for the estate if all are in agreement that the property is to be sold. That person would be the only one needed to sign the listing and also sign the sales contract. However I think since you specifically made your intentions known that you wanted to buy the property you should contact the attorney for the estate immediately while the house is in attorney review. If that doesn't work hire an attorney for yourself to submit a contract on your behalf while the house is still in attorney review.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 4, 2013
Joe - you really need an attorney to represent you in this matter. I would look for an experienced estate attorney to represent you. This is really a question for an attorney, not a realtor.
1 you should get a realtor to submit a an offer asap.
2 It should only take a day to get approved for a mortgage

from the time the contract was signed you should have at least 2 days to a week to get your offer in.